2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

6 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hell of a first start for Christian Braun. He was great in his minutes against Ja and you could see the overall Defensive intensity of the Nuggets go up with him in from the start.

Nuggets now 9-0 when he plays 20 or more minutes. 

What had gotten into Aaron Gordon? He's been absurd this year.

Nets are smoking the Warriors by 40pts in the 1st half. They just put up 91pts without Kyrie. I know the Warriors don’t have Steph but they legit look like the worst team in the NBA.

Klay isn’t himself coming off all his injuries, Poole just isn’t that guy to keep the team winning without Steph, and the other young guys like Wisemsn (although he has looked good tonight), Moody, and Kuminga just hasn’t lived up to expectations. 

If I’m the Warriors I’d trade some of those young pieces for some established talented vets. 

The Cavs seem to match up relatively well with the Bucks. I hope we get that series in the playoffs. Should be a long, hard fought series that comes down to the wire.

Warriors are booty right now BUT I still feel pretty solid as long as they get to the playoffs. Without Steph, you can't expect much from the team but Wiggins also has been out. Poole will have some big games without Steph but he will also struggles against certain defenses that really key on him like the Nets last night. They definitely need more reliable vet contributors in the 2nd unit. 

The Nets have looked much better as of late but they still don't have the inside presence to compete with the Bucks or the Celtics. Who can the realistically get at the trade deadline to fix some of those issues?

Looking forward to the Grizzlies/Suns game tomorrow night. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Cavs seem to match up relatively well with the Bucks. I hope we get that series in the playoffs. Should be a long, hard fought series that comes down to the wire.

Warriors are booty right now BUT I still feel pretty solid as long as they get to the playoffs. Without Steph, you can't expect much from the team but Wiggins also has been out. Poole will have some big games without Steph but he will also struggles against certain defenses that really key on him like the Nets last night. They definitely need more reliable vet contributors in the 2nd unit. 

The Nets have looked much better as of late but they still don't have the inside presence to compete with the Bucks or the Celtics. Who can the realistically get at the trade deadline to fix some of those issues?

Looking forward to the Grizzlies/Suns game tomorrow night. 

I read the Nets are looking into John Collins.

I dont think its smart to write off the Nets. When they dont have drama off the court like currently, they are focused on basketball and playing well. The chemistry they are building bc KD, Kyrie, and Simmons are all playing with the rest of their core is helping. In the past the Nets didnt have their guys playing at once bc of off the court issues with Kyrie or injuries to KD, Harden, and last season Simmons. Then coaching matters. Vaughn is showing he is a way better coach than Nash. The Nets are now playing defense. They are like top 10 in defense since Vaughn took over as coach. We know they can score the basketball. They put up 136pts in a win against the Raptors with KD, Kyrie, Simmons, Claxton, Harris, Warren, and Seth. They just scored 91pts at the half and 143pts total without Kyrie and KD sitting out the entire 4th quarter. So they can score if they just play average defense they can beat anyone.

People forget the Nets was the 1 seed last season before KD got hurt and missed time. Thats with no Kyrie early and Harden quitting trying to force his way out. So the Nets are for real imo. They can compete with the Bucks and Celtics. Its just going to come down to yes they need another big man to rebound and they have to be focused on the court and continue to play the type of defense they are currently playing right now.

35 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I read the Nets are looking into John Collins.

I dont think its smart to write off the Nets. When they dont have drama off the court like currently, they are focused on basketball and playing well. The chemistry they are building bc KD, Kyrie, and Simmons are all playing with the rest of their core is helping. In the past the Nets didnt have their guys playing at once bc of off the court issues with Kyrie or injuries to KD, Harden, and last season Simmons. Then coaching matters. Vaughn is showing he is a way better coach than Nash. The Nets are now playing defense. They are like top 10 in defense since Vaughn took over as coach. We know they can score the basketball. They put up 136pts in a win against the Raptors with KD, Kyrie, Simmons, Claxton, Harris, Warren, and Seth. They just scored 91pts at the half and 143pts total without Kyrie and KD sitting out the entire 4th quarter. So they can score if they just play average defense they can beat anyone.

People forget the Nets was the 1 seed last season before KD got hurt and missed time. Thats with no Kyrie early and Harden quitting trying to force his way out. So the Nets are for real imo. They can compete with the Bucks and Celtics. Its just going to come down to yes they need another big man to rebound and they have to be focused on the court and continue to play the type of defense they are currently playing right now.

Collins isn't what they are missing. Getting someone like Capela would be great but I doubt the Hawks move him. Collins isn't pushing them over the top.