Sauce Gardner

Jeezla

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

How is this dude still only -110 to win DROTY?

It's because there are a few other excellent rookies, there are lots of games left and it's a crapshoot/political at times who actually gets the award. That said, it's a decent line to bet on.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's because there are a few other excellent rookies, there are lots of games left and it's a crapshoot/political at times who actually gets the award. That said, it's a decent line to bet on.

Also, even if Sauce remains at his current level of play but teams don't throw to him as often, he's going to be forgotten.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Without a doubt, I still can't believe the Texans passed on him.

There are two other rookie CB's playing at his level right now. I'm not so sure he'd win it -- now he definitely has more name equity than the other two guys. Jack Jones and Tariq Woolen are both playing at roughly the same level right now. On a week to week basis one will rank better than the other. At this point i'm not sure who deserves it, all three of these guys are killing it right now.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, LoFi said:

There are two other rookie CB's playing at his level right now. I'm not so sure he'd win it -- now he definitely has more name equity than the other two guys. Jack Jones and Tariq Woolen are both playing at roughly the same level right now. On a week to week basis one will rank better than the other. At this point i'm not sure who deserves it, all three of these guys are killing it right now.

Jones has only played 50% of defensive snaps, hard to compare his success to the other two. Even the last few weeks, he's only been on the field around ~65% of the time. 

Sauce has marginally better numbers on the year, but over the last 6-weeks he's been on another level:

• Sauce: 18 Yds/Game, 2.7 Yds/Tgt, 9 PD, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, Passer rating allowed: 29.9
  • Woolen: 27 Yds/Game, 6.6 Yds/Tgt, 6 PD, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, Passer rating allowed: 66.5
  • Jones: 44 Yds/Game, 9.7 Yds/Tgt, 5 PD, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, Passer rating allowed: 58.4