Sauce Gardner

Jeezla

Passer rating allowed in single coverage is 19 (best in the league), against some top talent nonetheless. COD at his size is insane.

The last two weeks I’d argue there’s been no one better. Handful of really good rookie CBs not getting nearly as much attention though.

4 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Passer rating allowed in single coverage is 19 (best in the league), against some top talent nonetheless. COD at his size is insane.

The last two weeks I’d argue there’s been no one better. Handful of really good rookie CBs not getting nearly as much attention though.

Your boys look to have a good defense and a nasty running game. Can definitely see the Jets making the playoffs. Joe Douglas is a good GM. The division is tough, though, and the Dolphins are getting Tua back, so things will be interesting. 

Now, let's see if Wilson can become that guy. He's improved this year. His decision making seems to be much better, which is my biggest concern with him. He's not the reason his team is winning games, but for a year 2 QB- the most important thing is seeing growth and glimpses of greatness, which it seems Wilson is showing.

Year three is telling for a young QB. If he takes the next step next year- then the Jets will be filthy. If not- then I think they're still solid, but may fall into that "they're good enough to compete with teams, but not good enough to contend and not bad enough to draft high enough for a star QB" phase that some teams fall into. 

I'm just grateful the Bills have Allen because it appears the rest of the division is starting to get their **** together. It seems ultra rare that any of the young QBs in the division become as good as Allen, so having an advantage there is helpful, but damn- Douglas knows how to acquire talent, so he's going to make it tough on my boys! 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

And everyone knew he'd be good too. Sometimes ish just doesn't make sense.

He was pretty raw in college. Carroll was even asked "how did Tariq fall to the 5th?". Carroll responded: "If you saw his tape you'd see why."

On 10/19/2022 at 5:09 PM, Yin-Yang said:

4th rounder out of ASU. Dude’s a little smaller than you’d like (older too, he’s turning 25 in December) but he was another guy that showed polish early on. He’s been playing extremely well for NE so far.

Was a HUGE Jack Jones fan. Didn’t think he would be drafted that high though. He was my super sleeper for rounds 6-7. He and Chase Lucas were both very good at ASU. Lucas just isn’t an NFL level athlete. Jones is. 

• Like 1

He's so long it's crazy just how much of him is legs and yet his movement is so fluid, he gets out of his pivot and into his backstep in essentially one motion and he has absolutely superb hip flexibility which gives him good change of direction and make up for a mistimed jump. Great athlete, should be a very good corner for a long time.

1 hour ago, LoFi said:

He was pretty raw in college. Carroll was even asked "how did Tariq fall to the 5th?". Carroll responded: "If you saw his tape you'd see why."

I freaking WAS SCREAMING for the Cards to get Woolen with one of their 3rd rounders. And then I wanted Koby Bryant and they freaking took him, too! I wanted Marcus Jones, but he was snatched by NE. Those were my three sleeper CBs.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

So he became an all-pro in six months? 

👍

Sometimes all a player needs is the right tutelage. Carroll in particular has made a career in the NFL coaching up DBs. Sherman was the same way -- extremely raw, yet in his first year he was playing at a high level. 

Another thing that most people don't take into account when evaluating prospects on the internet are the intangibles. How coachable is the player, is the player in the correct system to maximize their skillsets, how quickly does said player pick up on new concepts, what kind of work ethic does said player have? 

Some raw prospects do take that quantum leap right away in the NFL. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Was a HUGE Jack Jones fan. Didn’t think he would be drafted that high though. He was my super sleeper for rounds 6-7. He and Chase Lucas were both very good at ASU. Lucas just isn’t an NFL level athlete. Jones is. 

That’s Bill for you. Rarely takes anyone where they’re predicted to go. Can’t complain with this one, though.

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I freaking WAS SCREAMING for the Cards to get Woolen with one of their 3rd rounders. And then I wanted Koby Bryant and they freaking took him, too! I wanted Marcus Jones, but he was snatched by NE. Those were my three sleeper CBs.

Marcus is starting to get snaps now that Jonathan Jones is missing time. Still behind Myles Bryant, but he’s looking solid in exetremely limited snaps. Already sparked the punt return game.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That’s Bill for you. Rarely takes anyone where they’re predicted to go. Can’t complain with this one, though.

Marcus is starting to get snaps now that Jonathan Jones is missing time. Still behind Myles Bryant, but he’s looking solid in exetremely limited snaps. Already sparked the punt return game.  

Marcus' change of direction and FEEL for the flow of the field around him is excellent. Watching his college tape, the dude may be smaller but he'll be excellent at mirroring pro WRs and yeah, some excellent burst and ability to weave in the return game.