Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

5 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I think they know Love is a journeyman QB.  It doesn't hurt to develop him and maybe get something for him.  Who knows, that may happen sooner than we think, but for now, let him continue to get better.

I want to believe Love is it (Rodgers wins another super bowl and rides off into the sunset) but honestly what has he done by now to give anyone confidence? He’s been below average in the preseason. He was borderline terrible in his 1 start last year. People say these coaches/management know pretty quickly if a guy “has it” or not. Knowing how Packers management usually sides with being conservative with the future in mind, I have to think signs point to them believing he doesn’t have it. Anybody watch the Bears wallop the Patriots tonight? That’s what happens when you want to “run the ball and play solid defense” when the quarterback(s) have no consistency in being able to throw the ball. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 4:35 PM, FAH1223 said:

They just inked him to an extension. LaFleur and Gutekunst are safe this year and next year.

This is definitely a season where we have a hard regression to the mean. At the same time, this is not a well-coached team especially when we're seeing how they're losing to teams with new coaches. The lack of execution and attention to detail is strikingly bad. 

We're just now seeing it in the regular season rather than in January. 

Nobody's job is safe.  Just ask Paul Chryst in Madison.  Didn't we can McCarthy before his contract was up?  

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The ball was in Aaron's court.  If you want to be angry, be angry that he didn't force his way out, which he easily could have done.

You don't trade an MVP quarterback.  If you wish to argue against this, find me a QB who was traded within a year of being MVP.  Then I'll listen.

Until then I'll maintain this...trading an MVP quarterback is something that kills a GM's career.  Not just his current job, but career.

Don't give me Wilson.  No MVP.  In fact, I don't think he's ever even received an MVP vote in his career.  

And yeah, I don't feel like this is hindsight from you at all.  Just pointing out that fact and being fair.  I admire convictions, right or wrong.

Wilson has looked terrible in Denver and I suspect AR would have fared even worse had we traded him there.  Rodgers still stayed even after Adams skipped town so that tells me Rodgers wanted to stay.  I wonder if he feels that way today...?

20 hours ago, pgwingman said:

Do you think this season is saved by Claypool or Jeudy? To be honest, I'm much closer to being a seller at the trade deadline than I am being a buyer.

But do we really have a choice right now?  Cobb is out for who knows how long, Watson's hammy is still acting up, Lazard's arm is in a sling and Watkins is as fragile as fine crystal.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Without me watching this thing...does Mike Wahle think he knows what Jordan Love is or is not as an NFL quarterback???

Because I don't think anyone really does.  The Packers organization included.

Let's say Rodgers retires.  And let's say Love Stinks, we will find a different QB.  That QB will need weaponz, which is why adding a young WR now could work.  And I dare say, it would work better than drafting a couple more WR's.

And...if Rodgers retires, Love Stinks and we draft a new guy, it sure would be good to give him some weaponz.

I mean, that's why I'm all for still adding a WR.  To me, it works no matter how you look at it.  Just so long as that WR is better than anything you can get with your perceived pick in the round you give up...say second or third.

I'll bet Jeudy is for sure.  And maybe Claypool.

I have a feeling the Packers know what they have in Love.  Rodgers' thumb is a mess and they still decide to play him over his backup?  Other teams like Dallas let their starter heal up and play their backup but not us?  That speaks volumes to me.  😟

18 hours ago, Norm said:

You aren't wrong. You had to do it.

It doesn't mean I can't be unhappy about it and the future of all this either right?

Absolutely not. Idt anyone should be happy. We signed him because we thought we were a top tier team to potentially win a SB. We are not. It's a weird place to be in for Packer fans. 

34 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I have a feeling the Packers know what they have in Love.  Rodgers' thumb is a mess and they still decide to play him over his backup?  Other teams like Dallas let their starter heal up and play their backup but not us?  That speaks volumes to me.  😟

Prescott’s injury was much worse than a banged up thumb, he had to sit. 12 still gives us the best chance to win, but that doesn’t mean Love can’t play. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind seeing a stretch of Love, one way or another. If we get into a deep hole and playoffs are off of the table, I think he gets a few starts, especially if Rodgers is banged up.

12 and 10 will both still be on the roster next year, LaFleur will still be the coach. What we do this season and how it leads into the next will tell us a lot about who’s steering the ship. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Prescott’s injury was much worse than a banged up thumb, he had to sit. 12 still gives us the best chance to win, but that doesn’t mean Love can’t play. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind seeing a stretch of Love, one way or another. If we get into a deep hole and playoffs are off of the table, I think he gets a few starts, especially if Rodgers is banged up.

12 and 10 will both still be on the roster next year, LaFleur will still be the coach. What we do this season and how it leads into the next will tell us a lot about who’s steering the ship. 

You may be right but we don't know the extent of the injury to Rodgers' thumb.  

If Gute is canned I have a feeling the next GM will want his own HC so LaFleur's job is not secure if there are changes to who's steering this Titanic.

MLF may have fooled me. I was pissed early because I was sure that first draft was heavily influenced by him. Love was Marcus Mariota, Dillon was Derrick Henry, and Deguara was Delani Walker. The Packers were gonna be the Titans. It was gonna be a snoozefest on offense.

Fast forward - after a few years of being fooled and here we are. Poor mans Titans. Dillon isn't as good as Henry, Deguara isn't as good as Walker, and the defense isn't as good as those Titan teams. But we are the Titans.  MLF refuses to give Jones carries and forces Dillon reps. MLF gets Watson and says thanks I'll use him as a motion piece. Doubs isn't catching the ball on the run or stacking guys as he should be used. I'm gonna have to go back and look to see if those Titan teams were all screen passes and no effin gas.

Food for thought.

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

MLF may have fooled me. I was pissed early because I was sure that first draft was heavily influenced by him. Love was Marcus Mariota, Dillon was Derrick Henry, and Deguara was Delani Walker. The Packers were gonna be the Titans. It was gonna be a snoozefest on offense.

Fast forward - after a few years of being fooled and here we are. Poor mans Titans. Dillon isn't as good as Henry, Deguara isn't as good as Walker, and the defense isn't as good as those Titan teams. But we are the Titans.  MLF refuses to give Jones carries and forces Dillon reps. MLF gets Watson and says thanks I'll use him as a motion piece. Doubs isn't catching the ball on the run or stacking guys as he should be used. I'm gonna have to go back and look to see if those Titan teams were all screen passes and no effin gas.

Food for thought.

I thought so too. And the Quay pick I'm guessing came from Barry.

Doesn't matter. You're the GM. You've needed a starting RT and a number one WR since 2018, and you squandered innumerable draft picks not only being cute and caving to the coaches, but also misevaluating talent. 2020 was THE draft that puts you in the SB and you go QB2, RB3, HB: absolutely inexcusable from anyone who worked for TT and Wolf. Plus you kick your QB out and piss him off. Nothing against Quay, but you can't grab a first round ilb when you don't have a starting RT: nine oline picked in the last three drafts and you can't get a third guy out there to start (Tom is light: watch his one on one snaps when the ball was out in 1.5 secs).

The state of the Titanic does not look upright.

And how are the Bears outperforming GB? They look like a running jauggernaut. I like their playoff chances if they can grab a WR before the deadline more than the Pack right now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I thought so too. And the Quay pick I'm guessing came from Barry.

Doesn't matter. You're the GM. You've needed a starting RT and a number one WR since 2018, and you squandered innumerable draft picks not only being cute and caving to the coaches, but also misevaluating talent. 2020 was THE draft that puts you in the SB and you go QB2, RB3, HB: absolutely inexcusable from anyone who worked for TT and Wolf. Plus you kick your QB out and piss him off. Nothing against Quay, but you can't grab a first round ilb when you don't have a starting RT: nine oline picked in the last three drafts and you can't get a third guy out there to start (Tom is light: watch his one on one snaps when the ball was out in 1.5 secs).

The state of the Titanic does not look upright.

And how are the Bears outperforming GB? They look like a running jauggernaut. I like their playoff chances if they can grab a WR before the deadline more than the Pack right now.

I agree with most everything you say here.  Everyone is mad at Lafleur, but Gute has let key positions get drained of proven talent and has made poor choices to replace them while putting the team in a difficult cap situation.

This situation is a front office issue partially driven by Rodgers and his demands.