Week 8: Cardinals (3-4) at VIKINGS (5-1)

swede700

Man, this game had it all. And maybe not in a good way haha. 

I was hoping we’d come out of the bye week and dominate. That didn’t happen, but it still always felt like they were in control. That’s something, I guess  

It’s amazing that this team is 6-1 and running away from the rest of the NFC North. KOC has this team scrapping. I hope he gets them dominating soon. Another good week to be a Vikings fan. 

• Like 3

I’m not the biggest Kingsbury fan, but I think the biggest issue with the Cardinals is that Kingsbury and Murray don’t mesh. Kingsbury’s offense doesn’t seem designed to take advantage of Murray’s skill set. Certainly not how you see Baltimore, Buffalo and Philadelphia design their offense for their respective QBs. Also, if the Cardinals had a QB who was capable of playing off schedule, Kingsbury’s offense would be a lot better. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not the biggest Kingsbury fan, but I think the biggest issue with the Cardinals is that Kingsbury and Murray don’t mesh. Kingsbury’s offense doesn’t seem designed to take advantage of Murray’s skill set. Certainly not how you see Baltimore, Buffalo and Philadelphia design their offense for their respective QBs. Also, if the Cardinals had a QB who was capable of playing off schedule, Kingsbury’s offense would be a lot better. 

If the Cardinals had a QB that was more interested in football than Call of Duty, they might be better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Can you elaborate. I think I know what you’re going to say but don’t want to assume or put words in your mouth.

Math isn’t catching up, though…

The interceptions and fumble.

I didn't do week 6. I got busy. Week 8 should be interesting.

Math always tells the truth. We've seen it in every game.

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Feels like one of those games we were lucky to win with how many times the Cardinals turned the ball over. Would have liked to see the offense capitalize more. So just one TD so far for Jefferson week 1. That’s crazy.

we've definitely had good luck, or good fortune, this year. compared to last year when we did not.

• Like 1

Bye week doesn't slow the Vikings. 

Minnesota entered the week off on a four-game winning streak and didn't miss a beat after the break, putting together an effort that was strong on both sides of the ball. Kirk Cousins authored a quality performance, completing 24 of 36 passes for 232 yards and two passing touchdowns, and even added in a surprising rushing score. 

Dalvin Cook rushed 20 times for 111 yards and a score, and Alexander Mattison's rushing touchdown made it three different Vikings putting points on the board via the ground. 

Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen combined for 165 receiving yards. 

Patrick Peterson had a nice pass break-up on third down in the end zone early in the game against his former team. And finally, Za'Darius Smith had himself a day, recording two sacks, exiting with an injury, and returning to record another late in the one-score game.

It wasn't perfect, but it was complementary, and it counts the same. That 6-1 record looks good in Minnesota right now.

NFL.com

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we've definitely had good luck, or good fortune, this year. compared to last year when we did not.

For sure, especially with injuries. But we know that luck will run out given that we’re cursed as a franchise. Just wish we could win convincingly one of these weeks and show an ability to completely control a game. We’re not there yet. Fortunately the NFC is very weak this year outside of Philly and Dallas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

For sure, especially with injuries. But we know that luck will run out given that we’re cursed as a franchise. Just wish we could win convincingly one of these weeks and show an ability to completely control a game. We’re not there yet. Fortunately the NFC is very weak this year outside of Philly and Dallas.

oh yeah, i totally agree with you. our method toward winning games this year isn't a sustainable strategy, heck it isn't a startegy at all. 

it's how the ball has been bouncing.

we'll see if we can actually build off of it into something meaningful later in the season.

39 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

The interceptions and fumble.

I didn't do week 6. I got busy. Week 8 should be interesting.

Math always tells the truth. We've seen it in every game.

that’s where I thought you were going. It seems that you don’t think the Vikings are allowed to capitalize on mistakes - like they’re just lucky. Good teams do that. They find ways to overcome mistakes and limitations, and capitalize when opponents don’t.

The Vikings were the better team today and weren’t gifted a win. How many more wins  for you to concede that the Vikings are better than you’ve given them credit for?

I don’t think this is a Super Bowl caliber roster, but they are winning in all of the facets that cost them games the last few seasons. They’re healthy, committing fewer penalties, being aggressive at the ends of halves, using the clock well, and improving areas of weakness weekly. It can’t be fun clinging to a narrative that hasn’t held up. I’m enjoying the success and being optimistic that this is the start of something sustainable over seasons, not a last hurrah.

• Like 3