Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

We have our win streak still in tact with another winnable game. This game is going to be interesting for us on offense IMO. Bc CHI just ran all over NE. And we know we're a run 1st team. So I expect us to try and do the same. But I can see NE loading the box and saying that the only way the NYJ are winning is with Zach's arm. But I still like our chances of winning 1 on 1s with little help in the NE secondary. More about how much time Zach will have to hit those WRs. Not sure who will be starting at RT for us (I think it will be Ogbuehi). But that right side will be weak. So I expect a lot of CJ over there to help. Moore is back with the team and we will see what his attitude and demeanor look like. Still very unhappy with the kid, but I hope he can get going in an unselfish way. Mims I expect to get snaps as well. With Corey day to day, Mims is our only good blocking WR. And with how much we run, that's valuable. It'll be interesting to see how much we use JRob. He'll I'm sure be in the building today and will get a few days of practice with us ahead of the game. I expect him to be active, but maybe not getting too many touches yet. I hope we do use him more, but it'll depend how fats he grasps things this week. Luckily we run a similar system to JAX and his style is what we like. IMO what I think happens this week on offense is Wilson shows out more with us not able to lean on Hall anymore. NE stacks the box and he makes them pay for a couple drives that end in TDs.

On defense I think we should dominate them. They don't even know who their QB is against us and neither looked good against just an OK CHI D. Our CBs are vastly superior to anything they have at WR. So I don't expect them to beat us passing. Stevenson is really the only weapon they have. And we the front 7 I think to contain him to an average day. The hardest part we've struggled with NE in the past that they still use is quick hitter screens to the RBs, so I'm hoping we game plan for this. NE just threw 3 INTs with their 2 QBs against CHI. They play similar and we should easily have 2 picks. And generally speaking when you win the turnover battle you win the game. And I see us getting picks and really stuffing that D. Zach hasn't thrown an INT in 3 games, so he isn't hurting us.

Prediction

NE Pats: 20

NY Jets 27

I think this is going to another ugly game here. Robinson will come out and carry the ball a lot I think. He will probably not get a target or be in for pass blcok. Robinson will run like 12 times for 60 yards or so. I think MC has a good game here. I see MC getting 12 carries for 75 yards and 6 catches for another 70 yards. He will get a TD too. I don't expect much out of Wilson. He will throw a pick this game. I'm putting money on that. I think Wilson throws for 185 yards 1 TD and 2 INT. Zappe will also throw some picks too and I think 1 goes to te house for the Jets. This game comes down too what QB throws the least amount of INTS. I think they both throw 2 but the Jets take one back by Sauce Gardner. 

Final score

Jets 24

Pats 14

The Jets then have a match up with the Bills and who wins is at the top of the AFC East!!!!

Zach is going to have a tough time. BB is so good at making our line look totally inept so he's going to be running for his life more than he was last week. Expect some well-timed fake blitzes for picks over the middle after he has Zach's head swimming.

The saving grace is the Pats offense is a big question mark with both QBs not getting any confidence from the coaching staff, but they still have backs that burn us so we need to keep the heat on and make them throw to our DBs.

If we can knock around the Pats offense like the Bears did and run it down their throats, we win this one. But I don't see BB losing to the same game plan twice.

Really wish we had Breece and AVT.

• Like 1

MLF needs to dial up some timely screens because BB has to know Zach struggles with pressure.  I mean it's no secret so until he gets better teams are going to blitz him a ton.

No reason we can't take another one here.  Home crowd is going to be jacked, motivation from last year when they decided to run it up, playing great at the moment while they are struggling.  All the makings of an upset (assuming we are still underdogs according to vegas). 

Need to get Moore/Wilson going this game.

Huge game considering we have BUF and then on the road to NE which is never easy despite what CHI just did to them. 

Edited by Rockice_8

This is a big game for Zach. This is a not nearly as talented of a Pats team as they were last year and if he struggles in this game then it is a bad sign of his progression, which has already been meager at most. Run the ball, hit the open receivers and let the playmakers do their job. If Diva and G Dubs are getting open hopefully we get some big gainers too. Zach needs more of a Miami game and far from the Packers and Broncos games. If he does this we will be in a good position to win. 

30 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

This is a big game for Zach. This is a not nearly as talented of a Pats team as they were last year and if he struggles in this game then it is a bad sign of his progression, which has already been meager at most. Run the ball, hit the open receivers and let the playmakers do their job. If Diva and G Dubs are getting open hopefully we get some big gainers too. Zach needs more of a Miami game and far from the Packers and Broncos games. If he does this we will be in a good position to win. 

My biggest concern is the pass rush. The Patriots can get after it and our OL is in shambles.  If Zach is getting pressure up the middle and around right away he can't even get into rhythm. Can't keep having Zach running for his life dodging a million sacks to throw it away. 

Elijah Moore needs to be a man and step up, idk what is his deal this week but he should be on the field. We need his talent right now. 

Last few secondary's we've gone against have been very talented. NE doesn't exactly have a good secondary. The only thing they do well is rush the passer. They just got torched in the run game as well. We should be able to score in this one. I really don't care how. It'd be nice to get Wilson going and gain some confidence. But if it's 4 rush TDs.. I would love that too.

And not to sound arrogant about our defense... but I just cant see NE putting up a ton of points against us. I'll give them 1 or 2 TDs maybe to be nice. But wouldn't surprise me if we keep them really low scoring in this one. I mean the D didn't look dominant last week and we still only gave up 9 points.

Also I'm assuming Mac Jones starts this one. Was crazy odd to see BB the guy who does whatever he wants get persuaded by the crows to put Zappe in last night. Shows they're a shell of the NE we've despised for 2 decades.

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Pats - 17

Jets - 13

The playing like trash for 3Qs and stepping up in the 4th thing will come back to bite us on offense. We'll need a big game from Carter or a 300yd and 2td game from Wilson to win. Get the ball to G-Dub

If we only put up 13 against their defense we have a big time issue at QB. 

It will come down to Zach recognizing when and where the blitz is coming from and adjust accordingly.  I am not sure if Zach has the "authority" to change the play, but he better recognize the blitz otherwise it is going to be a long day.  To this point, I don't think he is very good at blitz recognition.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah I agree. Has he actually ever looked good for an entire game? Not even being a hater just being real. 

He's a mobile game manager right now. I'm happy he's made the progress to become a game manager, but I'm waiting on him to become more before I call him the franchise QB. I can't hype up 1TD and 58% comp in 4 games. Has all the tools, he just need to get it done. This is the perfect game for him to show us he's the one. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

He's a mobile game manager right now. I'm happy he's made the progress to become a game manager, but I'm waiting on him to become more before I call him the franchise QB. I can't hype up 1TD and 58% comp in 4 games. Has all the tools, he just need to get it done. This is the perfect game for him to show us he's the one. 

Hes hardly even a game manager. If breece didnt take one to the house on a big run, we were no threat to get in the endzone the entire game. Idc about numbers, but when they start to limit the run, we need our QB throwing for more than a buck twenty like this is a JV football team lol