Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It's going to be tough for me to let this one go. JFM and Wilson blew it for me. JFM killed a lot with his stupid roughing the passer. Wilson is just a game manager when we can run the ball. He's not someone that can win it if your only shot is passing. 

Which means he’s not a starting QB in the league. I think the Jets are actually going to see this faster than we all think

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Which is why I don't want to trash him yet, but we do need a vet who will compete with him next offseason.

We just need him to remove the bone headed plays. Like the first pick fine, I can live with that. The other two, just get the ball out of bounds. Don’t make a bad situation worse. I have faith in him. 

Other than that he did some really good things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All game. Their average starting position was like their own 45 and ours was our 20. Huge difference.

Yep. It’s no wonder they were able to put up 5 FGs.

I’m still confident we can take a W against the Pats this season. It’s always tough going into Foxboro but they are just not good on offense.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We just need him to remove the bone headed plays. Like the first pick fine, I can live with that. The other two, just get the ball out of bounds. Don’t make a bad situation worse. I have faith in him. 

Other than that he did some really good things.

What’s worse is he’s clearly been working on reducing those bad throws. He’s been great at protecting the ball up until today.

It’s like he did nothing good today. Geez y’all are rough. Last week he was critiqued for not making plays, this week he does that but yes did some bad things. So instead of hoping he removed the bad plays the solution is draft another young QB? Sign Wentz or Baker? How about Matt Ryan? 

MLF needs to build on the good he did, make sure he starts escaping and either throwing it away or hitting someone and we gotta find a way to get the running going without Breece. 

Zach had to do better in certain spots, can win the game with one throw nor can you lose it but those mistakes he made hurt. He doesn’t do that and we have a better shot at winning. 

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

What’s worse is he’s clearly been working on reducing those bad throws. He’s been great at protecting the ball up until today.

Yeah, unfortunately the good he showed came with some bad. I have faith in the kid. I think next week we’ll see him emphasizing throwing it away when nothing is there. He’s gotta put it all together. If he does, it’s to the moon. Will he? Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Which means he’s not a starting QB in the league. I think the Jets are actually going to see this faster than we all think

If it's true, I doubt this organization realizes on time. Seeing how they forced him back out there is rookie year when we had 3 other QBs out performed him tells me they'll never bench him.

All the excuses I hear reminds me of the Darnold,  Geno, and Sanchez days. While we're holding our breaths hoping the QB figures it out, we miss out on other vets or draft prospects who would make a difference.  

• Like 1

JFM doesn't have the roughing the passer and we win and don't really care.

If Zach just throws away 2 bone headed passes then I think he has a net positive despite the loss.  That's all he really needs to do, especially when we come back fully healthy next year.  He has the potential for an Allen leap in Year 3 but it's on him to work on his footwork and not playing hero ball.