Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The only problem with that is that the coaches didn't make decisions this off-season as if that were true. so if our expectation should've been low then they shouldn't of resigned everyone from the old regime that didn't have talent and traded their first round pick that they could've used on a cheap rookie to pay Devante Adams. Also traded the younger/cheaper Yannick for the older more expensive Chandler. 

So it's either the GM doesn't know what he's doing and didn't ***** the roster very well or the coach doesn't know what he's doing with the players that he inherited and was given by the GM.

DZ and JM are a package deal.  They were both in on the moves.  

I never agreed with the philosophy of signing older players on the downside of their careers to bloated contracts.  I felt like we should have kept our core players and focused on getting younger this offseason.  The downside to that is that most likely the team would not be good this season but keeping a long term perspective in mind.  JM and DZ wanted to win now with a team that had bottom tier talent and now you have a situation like this.  Players with bloated contracts that are in their 30's on a team that is sinking like the Titanic. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The only problem with that is that the coaches didn't make decisions this off-season as if that were true. so if our expectation should've been low then they shouldn't of resigned everyone from the old regime that didn't have talent and traded their first round pick that they could've used on a cheap rookie to pay Devante Adams. Also traded the younger/cheaper Yannick for the older more expensive Chandler. 

So it's either the GM doesn't know what he's doing and didn't ***** the roster very well or the coach doesn't know what he's doing with the players that he inherited and was given by the GM.

Been saying this since before the draft.  We could have seen how everyone including Carr would play in the system before resigning.  Crosby was the only player I wanted to to resign right away.  I really like Adams as a player but picks and cap was to much for a team that needed work.  His frustration is starting to set in.

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Winning takes time and anyone who really thinks this team had the talent to contend need to go back to football 101.  I had stated that with our talent level it should be two to three seasons before we can contend.  We needed to clean house and get younger not try to put lipstick on a pig.  JM and DZ decided to talk optimistically and put lipstick on the pig. 

What do you get?  A lot of butthurt fans who had unrealistic expectations.  

Then the plan don't make sense. You don't pay carr trade for adams and pay him if you got to rebuild 70% of the roster. Doesn't make sense at all. I was arguing with @Jeremy408 all offseason about they got to build this team up and that josh knew that. Until the adams trade. You dont do that unles you think you ready or a year away. This team aint that. But if josh and Z think it was than clearly their coaching is a huge problem. 

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruh yea about that…lol

side note: welcome to the mysterious Nov slump I thought we could squeeze one last game out of Oct but Nope 

I literally have nothing to say. 
sell the team, need to completely rebuild. 

(Not sarcastic, we just need help everywhere)

25 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Now it looks like the built-in excuses are starting to shift in the "rebuild so that Josh McDaniels and Ziegler can get there guys can get there guys" direction. Anything but we hired the wrong ppl

Yup. 100%.

No way it could be the failed HC who rode Tom Brady and Bill Belichek's coattails. 

• Like 1