Week 9 Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-5) at Detroit Lions (1-6)

Striker

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is a VERY loseable game. 

Have you watched a Lions game yet this year?  I have not.  I see the points and I see the losses, but I'm not sure how it is all going down.

Like....is there a roadmap to winning?  I just kind of assume that it needs to be what we did last night, only with better pass protection.  And on defense, I don't know if GB needs to commit to stopping the run, or the pass.  I just know that we can't really do both.

Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Lions lack the talent but have the heart. The Packers have the talent but lack the heart.

This depends on the first quarter. If the Packers aren’t up double digits by the end of the first, the Lions will win.

The Lions seem to have talent on offense.  They can put up a lot of points. 

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just going to be Captain Obvious here.  

We are going on the road to face a possibly up and coming team.  One that has a very solid o-line and one that can score points.

We are a declining team that is missing most of it's WR's.  And even with said WR's we can't score more than 27 points.

This sets up to be a devastating loss.  It's going to look like a playoff game.  Destroyed in the first half.  Stats will look okay because with a huge lead, the Lions will give up passing yards and a few scores.  But at the end of the day, it's a 9 point game to Detroit.

Get out of here with that. We are going to slap the lions as per tradition 

41 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is a VERY loseable game. 

You think? The Lions have always played us tough in Detroit, even during the good years. Teams that have beaten the Lions in Detroit this year have largely been able to do so by out-scoring them in back-and-forth offensive games. Who here thinks our offense is capable of winning that type of game? 

This game is 50-50. 

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Have you watched a Lions game yet this year?  I have not.  I see the points and I see the losses, but I'm not sure how it is all going down.

Like....is there a roadmap to winning?  I just kind of assume that it needs to be what we did last night, only with better pass protection.  And on defense, I don't know if GB needs to commit to stopping the run, or the pass.  I just know that we can't really do both.

Any ideas?

Keep the foot on the gas and hope you can turn Goff over a few times. The Lions have the weapons to hit the Packers weakest points across the middle and in the run game. Once they get Jameson Williams on the field (questionable if it will be this season) they'll be able to go deep with more ease as well.

However, their defense sucks. So the Lions either get in a hole and/or get themselves into a shootout.

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Lions lack the talent but have the heart. The Packers have the talent but lack the heart.

This depends on the first quarter. If the Packers aren’t up double digits by the end of the first, the Lions will win.

Lack the heart?  You must not have watched last night's game.

2 hours ago, Striker said:

Keep the foot on the gas and hope you can turn Goff over a few times. The Lions have the weapons to hit the Packers weakest points across the middle and in the run game. Once they get Jameson Williams on the field (questionable if it will be this season) they'll be able to go deep with more ease as well.

However, their defense sucks. So the Lions either get in a hole and/or get themselves into a shootout.

Keep the foot on the gas???  LOL!

Our offense has no gas.  It's all brake!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Keep the foot on the gas???  LOL!

Our offense has no gas.  It's all brake!  

Hey, you asked for the keys to the game, not the ability for the Packers to actually utilize said keys.

This is easily the worst defense they'll play all year. So if they can't do it vs. the Lions...

• Like 1