Vikings trade for TJ Hockenson

swede700

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think running in a straight line should be an issue. It'll be making cuts or any sudden turn that will be interesting to see. 

I'm glad he's out there working though!

I hope that was him warming up, because he has no burst off the line.  Please, Vikings, don't rush him back!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I hope that was him warming up, because he has no burst off the line.  Please, Vikings, don't rush him back!!!

I was thinking it looked slow, and that he's likely only jogging. However, if he and an average Joe ran a race (AJ at full speed and Hock at whatever that was), I'm confident that he'd probably be blowing the average Joe out of the water. 

KOC: "Every time I see TJ working on the side field, it becomes awfully tempting to corner [Vikings VP of Player Health and Performance] Tyler Williams somewhere in the building and demand answers on when we'll be able to start implementing him maybe off the PUP and get him a little bit of work, whether it's just simply individual, some routes on air, start getting him some timing with our quarterbacks."

"But where he's at, albeit very well ahead of maybe where some of the medical folks thought he would be, there is an injury there that a timeline exists and we're going to try to stay true to that while also giving him opportunities to push to maybe shrink that timeline a little bit."

https://thevikingage.com/posts/minnesota-vikings-promising-injury-update-tj-hockenson

Hock timeline...

• ACL torn on 12/24/23
  • Surgery on 1/29/24 
  • Last Monday (7/29/24) marked the 6-month of post-surgery/recovery.

Certainly don't want to rush him back but now I'm wondering if he'll make the final-53 and avoid the PUP all together. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

KOC: "Yeah, I'll continue to defer to the medical staff on that, hoping to get T.J. up and rolling as soon as possible. And he's done everything we asked. He's itching to get out there. He's asking great questions and meetings. He's helping with that tight end group, really just, I felt a leadership role through him. From him throughout his whole rehab, he's been totally present, almost to the point where sometimes, you know, other than not having a really great player on Sundays, he's so involved, you know, in the meeting room with his teammates"

The Vikings have the opportunity to active Hockenson's 21-day practice window after this Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers and he could return as early as next week against the New York Jets in London.

The most likely outcome for Hockenson would be for a return after the week six bye. The Vikings play the Detroit Lions in week seven with a Thursday night week eight game against the Rams. With the Vikings playing so well without Hockenson, they might be willing to wait until that Thursday night game so he doesn't have to go deal with a short week.

https://atozsports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings-news/vikings-hc-kevin-oconnell-gives-update-on-t-j-hockensons-injury-status/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

KOC: "Yeah, I'll continue to defer to the medical staff on that, hoping to get T.J. up and rolling as soon as possible. And he's done everything we asked. He's itching to get out there. He's asking great questions and meetings. He's helping with that tight end group, really just, I felt a leadership role through him. From him throughout his whole rehab, he's been totally present, almost to the point where sometimes, you know, other than not having a really great player on Sundays, he's so involved, you know, in the meeting room with his teammates"

The Vikings have the opportunity to active Hockenson's 21-day practice window after this Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers and he could return as early as next week against the New York Jets in London.

The most likely outcome for Hockenson would be for a return after the week six bye. The Vikings play the Detroit Lions in week seven with a Thursday night week eight game against the Rams. With the Vikings playing so well without Hockenson, they might be willing to wait until that Thursday night game so he doesn't have to go deal with a short week.

https://atozsports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings-news/vikings-hc-kevin-oconnell-gives-update-on-t-j-hockensons-injury-status/

Totally agree with the last paragraph & also wouldn't mind if the same treatment was made for Risner & Jordan Addison.

Returning after the bye fully healthy and rested would be a massive boost to our offense which is already rolling really while being channelled through Jefferson & Aaron Jones

• Like 1

On 10/2/2024 at 8:22 PM, Captain Relax said:

One of the things I am certain that Vikings players appreciate is that there is great care in making sure an injured player isn't rushed back to the active roster.  They seem to care about the team winning, but not at the expense of individual players health.

I’ve always thought that should be the way to go. Too many guys come back too soon and are either less effective, or they end up injured again. 

• Like 2