Vikings trade for TJ Hockenson

swede700

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone questions that...but Jordan is still probably the best one in Vikings' history at doing both (he actually led the team in receptions in both '85 and '86). 

Jordan was indeed something special.  I have trouble judging Vikings from that era because the teams in the mid-eighties are the first that I remember, and I consequently know that I have overinflated them in my mind.  I didn't have any perspective at that time to compare them with.  I just thought they were the best. It was hard for me to admit that Cris Carter and then Randy Moss were better than Anthony Carter, and that bias towards the 80s is gross enough to cause to me to question if I value anything from the 80s objectively appropriate. By now I am getting used to admitting that WRs on the team are better than my memories of AC, but I still feel like AC in the '87 playoffs was the best performance the team has seen by a WR in a single postseason.

My memories of Jordan are super fond, but I am not sure how accurate.  Same with Keith Millard.

I am glad to see someone else that thinks that Jordan is probably the best TE in Vikings' history. It makes me feel like my memories of that era may not be too skewed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Jordan was indeed something special.  I have trouble judging Vikings from that era because the teams in the mid-eighties are the first that I remember, and I consequently know that I have overinflated them in my mind.  I didn't have any perspective at that time to compare them with.  I just thought they were the best. It was hard for me to admit that Cris Carter and then Randy Moss were better than Anthony Carter, and that bias towards the 80s is gross enough to cause to me to question if I value anything from the 80s objectively appropriate. By now I am getting used to admitting that WRs on the team are better than my memories of AC, but I still feel like AC in the '87 playoffs was the best performance the team has seen by a WR in a single postseason.

My memories of Jordan are super fond, but I am not sure how accurate.  Same with Keith Millard.

I am glad to see someone else that thinks that Jordan is probably the best TE in Vikings' history. It makes me feel like my memories of that era may not be too skewed.

The 80s are certainly my first recollection as well...AC may not have been as historically revered as CC and Randy, but he truly elevated the position for this franchise.  No offense to Gene Washington, Ahmad Rashad and Sammy White, but AC took it to a whole new level when he arrived from the USFL.  He's been grossly underrated in our history (still is #3 in Vikings history in receiving yds).  

I certainly also would like to think I'm more objective about the 80s teams as well, because there is no love lost for me towards Tommy Kramer (who I believe is vastly overrated in team history), but I know where to put players in the pantheon of mostly pedestrianism, which really is the place to put that decade of the franchise, save for a few guys like AC, Jordan, Zimmerman, Millard, Doleman, Browner and Studwell. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Great!

That is encouraging so quickly after the surgery. Back when I had my ACL surgery, I was happy to walk relatively straight after 8 weeks.

However that was 17 years ago and medicine has advanced quite far since then. For me, it's still encouraging.

• Like 1