Vikings trade for TJ Hockenson

swede700

I wonder if this means no trades for a WR!? 
I love Hockenson. He’s a good blocker and a good athlete. He’s got that tough guy attitude, too. Great signing,, he’ll definitely make improve our team, but not sure about the compensation. I guess I need to process that for a moment.

Traded 2 picks

Receive 2 picks back and TJ?

Love this for the Vikings. We keep the same amount of "dart throws" in the draft while bolstering our worst position on offense with a top 5 TE?

TJ is gonna take our run game and red zone offense up a notch.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I wonder if this means no trades for a WR!? 
I love Hockenson. He’s a good blocker and a good athlete. He’s got that tough guy attitude, too. Great signing,, he’ll definitely make improve our team, but not sure about the compensation. I guess I need to process that for a moment.

I don't think that's the case, necessarilly. I think the Vikings are only on the hook for his pro-rated base salary this season. So he'll only count $536K against the cap. That's awesome. We could create cap space elsewhere and sign a FA like OBJ or trade for another rookie contract guy like Claypool.

• Like 1