Week 8 GDT: Raiders vs @Jags

drfrey13

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Ziegler was smart with the cap management / signing bonuses. Adams, Waller, Renfrow, and Carr are set to make $350M on their current contracts. But go off, is there any core 4 in the NFL with bigger contracts?

so we just going off current contracts now? 
Then yes.
Patrick mahommes set to make 450 on his current contract 🤣

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

so we just going off current contracts now? 
Then yes.
Patrick mahommes set to make 450 on his current contract 🤣

21 ppg and a 2-5 record with the 8th highest paid QB and the highest paid WR, TE, and slot WR in the NFL is great. Good job McDaniels and Ziegler. All the dudes we paid are surely living up to those contracts. Carr at $40M is a bargain in comparison to Josh Allen’s $43M APY. 😂

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

21 ppg and a 2-5 record with the 8th highest paid QB and the highest paid WR, TE, and slot WR in the NFL is great. Good job McDaniels and Ziegler. All the dudes we paid are surely living up to those contracts. Carr at $40M is a bargain in comparison to Josh Allen’s $43M APY. 😂

again this year, Golladay is highest paid WR, Hunter Henry highest paid TE. Slot youcould be right, but probably not, as i believe its you who claims Cupp is just a slot? 

Why do so many just say things? lol, it is very easy to look things up on the internet. 

Def agreed, they all need to step up. But again, we are not the highest paid O in the nfl. 

That was your comment, probably the highest paid O, that is all I am arguing, we are not the highest paid O this year.  
It might *seem* like we are, but that doesnt just make it to

Just now, BackinBlack said:

again this year, Golladay is highest paid WR, Hunter Henry highest paid TE. Slot youcould be right, but probably not, as i believe its you who claims Cupp is just a slot? 

Why do so many just say things? lol, it is very easy to look things up on the internet. 

Def agreed, they all need to step up. But again, we are not the highest paid O in the nfl. 

That was your comment, probably the highest paid O, that is all I am arguing, we are not the highest paid O this year.  
It might *seem* like we are, but that doesnt just make it to

I’m looking at the average cost of their contract. Hopefully when their cap numbers all skyrocket next year we’ll magically become better. Since they suck before their pay days have hit.

Good point though McDaniel’s gets a pass this year because Ziegler was a cap guru and deferred cap hits until next season. So when we have the highest paid core 4 next year, hopefully they’ll look at that cap number during every meeting and play up too it. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m looking at the average cost of their contract. Hopefully when their cap numbers all skyrocket next year we’ll magically become better. Since they suck before their pay days have hit.

Good point though McDaniel’s gets a pass this year because Ziegler was a cap guru and deferred cap hits until next season. So when we have the highest paid core 4 next year, hopefully they’ll look at that cap number during every meeting and play up too it. 

Average cost, Tyreek still takes over Adam, and Kupp wayy over Renfrow for Slot. (It was you who says Kupp a slot reciever right?)
Yes Waller is the most average costing TE, but he actually hasnt played since what week 4?  So he wont magically just become better, we just need him healthy 

With Cap going up, and hopefully not as much Cap tied into dead money I think we will have more success. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
Look at dead cap money, YES, philly has 4th most, and Giants playing well. . . but we are wasting to much money, and not hitting on early draft picks. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Average cost, Tyreek still takes over Adam, and Kupp wayy over Renfrow for Slot. (It was you who says Kupp a slot reciever right?)
Yes Waller is the most average costing TE, but he actually hasnt played since what week 4?  So he wont magically just become better, we just need him healthy 

With Cap going up, and hopefully not as much Cap tied into dead money I think we will have more success. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
Look at dead cap money, YES, philly has 4th most, and Giants playing well. . . but we are wasting to much money, and not hitting on early draft picks. 

I've never said anything about Cooper Kupp being strictly a slot WR. But thank you for clarifying that Tyreek is paid slightly more then Adams, definitely justifies our piss poor offensive performances. Can't wait for Carr to get $40M a year and pass for 200 yards/1 TD while we win 6 games, amazing work by our staff and front office tbh. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've never said anything about Cooper Kupp being strictly a slot WR. But thank you for clarifying that Tyreek is paid slightly more then Adams, definitely justifies our piss poor offensive performances. Can't wait for Carr to get $40M a year and pass for 200 yards/1 TD while we win 6 games, amazing work by our staff and front office tbh. 

ill take your word for it about Kupp, I know someone on here was arguing thats all he was LOL.

Yes, you are welcome for pointing out all of the stats you had wrong : )

I dont think it justifies anything, I wanted and expected us to be a top 5 O, Im sorry me pointing out the flaws in your stats got you all rattled up. 

The bold I legit think is true. I actually think you enjoy us losing as long as Carr is the qb. 
I dont care who the QB is, I just want to win. 

Edited by BackinBlack

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

ill take your word for it about Kupp, I know someone on here was arguing thats all he was LOL.

Yes, you are welcome for pointing out all of the stats you had wrong : )

I dont think it justifies anything, I wanted and expected us to be a top 5 O, Im sorry me pointing out the flaws in your stats got you all rattled up. 

The bold I legit think is true. I actually think you enjoy us losing as long as Carr is the qb. 
I dont care who the QB is, I just want to win. 

Give the offense a break, 16th highest paid unit in the NFL, so mediocre results should be expected. 

I just want us to win, I just don't nut hug Carr like the majority of posters on here. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Give the offense a break, 16th highest paid unit in the NFL, so mediocre results should be expected. 

I just want us to win, I just don't nut hug Carr like the majority of posters on here. 

We will see where they end up PPG end of year. 
Putting up a 0, 7 games in, really hurts averages obviously

I expect improvement throughout tthe year. 
Do you think its possible they improve as they get more comfortbale in system? Or are we doomed for a few more 0s. 

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

We will see where they end up PPG end of year. 
Putting up a 0, 7 games in, really hurts averages obviously

I expect improvement throughout tthe year. 
Do you think its possible they improve as they get more comfortbale in system? Or are we doomed for a few more 0s. 

Obviously it's possible to improve but Carr is notorious for fading at the end of seasons so if he's already playing this poorly, lord help us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That’s where you’re f*cking up rt there, there’s no “nut hugging” as you so eloquently put it. And it’s certainly no where near the “ majority” , especially at this point!!  Relax NY, you’ll get your wish at the end of the season.👍👍

• Like 1