Week 8 GDT: Raiders vs @Jags

drfrey13

43 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Literally no one is blaming NO on the D? 
Can you post someone saying it is? 

people are just saying the D still looked bad against NO because people are posting D played great only allowing 24 pts, ignoring the fact NO was just killing the clock at the end. 

Did my statement say blaming the no game on the defense?

I’ll elaborate then

“blame the defense mostly for the season’s failures”. Especially still after seeing that offensive performance in the no game. 

is that better?

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Did my statement say blaming the no game on the defense?

I’ll elaborate then

“blame the defense mostly for the season’s failures”. Especially still after seeing that offensive performance in the no game. 

is that better?

I guess. . . haha. The season is 7 games, the NO is one of 7. Does scoring 0 against NO change anything in any of the other games?

It seems like you put more blame on the O than the D this year? 

Given that, would you like to go out this offseason and use our resources to fix the O more than the D? 
I want a Defense heavy offseason. . . 
-
You only ever blame the O, so Im guessing you want a heavy O offseason?

If not the case, why? 
How can you refuse to blame the D, yet want to focus on it in the offseason?

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I guess. . . haha. The season is 7 games, the NO is one of 7. Does scoring 0 against NO change anything in any of the other games?

It seems like you put more blame on the O than the D this year? 

Given that, would you like to go out this offseason and use our resources to fix the O more than the D? 
I want a Defense heavy offseason. . . 
-
You only ever blame the O, so Im guessing you want a heavy O offseason?

If not the case, why? 
How can you refuse to blame the D, yet want to focus on it in the offseason?

We did this round and round all last week and the week before my guy lol

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

so no answer on if you want to focus on the D this offseason. . . cool. 
That was never asked. 

Honestly can’t do what I want cause all these contracts 

I’d trade carr, waller, hunter, chandler, Adams and go full rebuild 

draft a qb and wr and go oline and def heavy in draft/fa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Honestly can’t do what I want cause all these contracts 

I’d trade carr, waller, hunter, chandler, Adams and go full rebuild 

draft a qb and wr and go oline and def heavy in draft/fa

Yeah i hear that, Gruden gutted the team of bad contracts which was needed, only to bring on his own bad contracts LOL. 
The full rebuild would suck a few years no doubt, but if done properly is the best way to build long term success. 
Would love to be a dominate trenches team. Both Oline and Dline. 

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah i hear that, Gruden gutted the team of bad contracts which was needed, only to bring on his own bad contracts LOL. 
The full rebuild would suck a few years no doubt, but if done properly is the best way to build long term success. 

That’s what I hate about this new regime. If you’re still evaluating guys for this new system why are you giving them these contracts?

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Nothing has been done "properly" with this organization for 2 decades now. Instead of a rebuild, just call it "under construction" because that is what it's been forever. 

• Like 1

I feel this game will come down to if we can get in Trevor Lawrence face. Watching the Denver v Jags game he’s struggling for confidence and second guessing everything. He looks like a struggling QB right now.

What he needs is an easy game where he can ease himself into rhythm, build some comfort and confidence so we must not allow that. Our D has been terrible at that over the years, if we can get to him often then the Jags offence will stall, give away the ball and we can dominate ToP like the Broncos game. Carr needs a good performance as does McDaniels.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nothing has been done "properly" with this organization for 2 decades now. Instead of a rebuild, just call it "under construction" because that is what it's been forever. 

Lol pretty much. 
My biggest criticism of Carr over the last 8 years has been that the Raiders have chosen to stick with him, so going by their track record, its more likely than not the wrong choice LOL