Week 8 GDT: Raiders vs @Jags

drfrey13

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Win close games after our top WR killed someone, our HC got fired in the wake of Email Gate, Waller gets hurt, Leatherwood and Parker play, we have Hunter Renfrow and Zay Jones as our top 2 WRs, and our new HC is navigating all of that in his first month as a HC ever = fluke. 

Lose close games with a better roster, a HC who has been a HC, make very little improvement on offense, regress on defense, and have some of the most embarrassing results in the league (allowing the Cardinals back, making Davis Mills, Andy Dalton, and Russell Wilson look good, getting blanked by a mediocre Saints team) = you guys aren't giving McDaniels a chance I can't actually justify him deserving other than some notion that he was highly sought after even though he was effectively persona non grata after ditching the Colts at the last second just a couple of years ago and has never proven to be successful outside of a Belichick and Brady insulated bubble. 

Yeah, makes perfect sense to me lol

I don't understand how this doesn't make sense to anyone else. That's why I've spent time breaking down the statistics so that others will hopefully see what's clearly there.

if they bounce back this year and they look really good like the team they should be I have no problem with going with that because that's where the evidence actually leads.

The problem is if the evidence doesn't lead there. Which is where the blanket statements come from:

"We were never going to win with the previous regime"

"This regime was highly sought after by others"

"they just need to implement their vision but it's not a rebuild"

Stuff that you can just kind of say without  evidence or results to show for it. What's been going on actually points in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ziegler was smart with the cap management / signing bonuses. Adams, Waller, Renfrow, and Carr are set to make $350M on their current contracts. But go off, is there any core 4 in the NFL with bigger contracts?

Right. so when Renfrow's not getting the ball or Devante is not getting the ball(except on reverses ) in a game we lose 24-0 Against a team that allowed the Arizona Cardinals to put up 42 points on the with a horrible playcaller, why shouldn't that matter again?

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't understand how this doesn't make sense to anyone else. That's why I've spent time breaking down the statistics so that others will hopefully see what's clearly there.

if they bounce back this year and they look really good like the team they should be I have no problem with going with that because that's where the evidence actually leads.

The problem is if the evidence doesn't lead there. Which is where the blanket statements come from:

Stuff that you can just kind of say without  evidence or results to show for it. What's been going on actually points in the opposite direction. 

Yup. 

"We were never going to win with Gregg Popovich as our HC" has about as much merit- it never happened and was never given a chance to happen, so one simply cannot use it to justify lackluster or bad decisions by default. 

14 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Josh's problem is game planning and play calling. He's incapable of getting the ball in the stars players hands. First they don't run the ball then they don't pass it to Adams.  Don't let me even get started with Renfrew.

18 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right. so when Renfrow's not getting the ball or Devante is not getting the ball(except on reverses ) in a game we lose 24-0 Against a team that allowed the Arizona Cardinals to put up 42 points on the with a horrible playcaller, why shouldn't that matter again?

Because their cap hits are low this season so he's using them less.

19 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

That’s where you’re f*cking up rt there, there’s no “nut hugging” as you so eloquently put it. And it’s certainly no where near the “ majority” , especially at this point!!  Relax NY, you’ll get your wish at the end of the season.👍👍

We can only hope and pray that Carr is gone after this year. If we keep him we need to change the team slogan to "Commitment to Mediocrity."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We can only hope and pray that Carr is gone after this year. If we keep him we need to change the team slogan to "Commitment to Mediocrity."

It’s getting very old losing with Carr.

The Eagles literally won a Super Bowl, dumped both QBs , drafted and developed a new one in the 2nd round and have the best record in the NFL. All while we’re still giving Carr the most opportunities in NFL history and losing 

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s getting very old losing with Carr.

The Eagles literally won a Super Bowl, dumped both QBs , drafted and developed a new one in the 2nd round and have the best record in the NFL. All while we’re still giving Carr the most opportunities in NFL history and losing 

I am not on the kick Carr to the kerb train yet as we have the rest of the season and no real alternative - we are not starting Stidham who is a decent back up but nothing more.

Instead, I intend to judge once we get to the end of the season. If we turn this thing around then Carr might be worth keeping and if we don't (given Carr has Adams et al) we need to trade / cut him with that break in his contract because otherwise we have him for another three years. However, if are going to draft a QB we need to move up and get a top prospect, not a maybe guy and in my opinion that guy is CJ Stroud.