Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Don't subscribe to the Athletic so I can't read this, but it doesn't surprise me. While I think comparing JSN to Harrison is a stretch given that Harrison is probably going to be best WR prospect to come out of the draft in years (maybe even better than Chase), I fully buy into the position that JSN is right there with, if not better than both Wilson and Olave. In fact, when all 3 of them were on the field together in 2021 that was pretty clear. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Don't subscribe to the Athletic so I can't read this, but it doesn't surprise me. While I think comparing JSN to Harrison is a stretch given that Harrison is probably going to be best WR prospect to come out of the draft in years (maybe even better than Chase), I fully buy into the position that JSN is right there with, if not better than both Wilson and Olave. In fact, when all 3 of them were on the field together in 2021 that was pretty clear. 

Agreed.  IF JSN would have stayed healthy, I think he would have been a top 10 lock.  Just going down the board, I'd put it at 25% chance he's on the board at 15.

1.) Carolina - Nope, going QB.
2.) Houston - Ditto Carolina
3.) Arizona - Will Anderson or trade-down haul
4.) Indianapolis - Ditto Carolina
5.) Seattle - Defensive player or trade down
6.) Detroit - BPA
7.) Las Vegas - OT or defense
8.) Atlanta - EDGE or defense
9.) Chicago - OT or defense
10.) Philadelphia - defense

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You need to get to the 3rd round and day 3 guys. Jonathan Mingo, AT Perry, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Matt Landers, Andre Iosivas, Matt Landers, Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Trey Palmer, Michael Wilson.

When it comes to top 2 round guys, it's very light though. I will agree with you there. QJ and Rashee Rice. JSN is probably close enough to consider in the threshold too. 

I am quoting this because I want to know what everyone's opinion of Rashee Rice is.  I initially liked him, but I think he was also reported to be 6'3 or 4 at the time and 220.  But at the combine we find out he is 6'1 and 204.  Just not quite the specimen that I was sold.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  IF JSN would have stayed healthy, I think he would have been a top 10 lock.  Just going down the board, I'd put it at 25% chance he's on the board at 15.

1.) Carolina - Nope, going QB.
2.) Houston - Ditto Carolina
3.) Arizona - Will Anderson or trade-down haul
4.) Indianapolis - Ditto Carolina
5.) Seattle - Defensive player or trade down
6.) Detroit - BPA
7.) Las Vegas - OT or defense
8.) Atlanta - EDGE or defense
9.) Chicago - OT or defense
10.) Philadelphia - defense

If JSN makes it past the Titans (11), Texans (12) and Patriots (14), I'd be pretty surprised. All 3 teams are thirsting for WR help. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

If JSN makes it past the Titans (11), Texans (12) and Patriots (14), I'd be pretty surprised. All 3 teams are thirsting for WR help. 

Titans took Treylon Burks, and they're rebuilding their entire offensive unit outside of Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry.  WR seems like a luxury pick for them at this point.  Feels like OL is the play here for them.  Texans are absolutely in the mix, and I'd suspect if they end up with CJ Stroud that the chances of JSN as a Texan go up dramatically.  Everyone expected Houston to take a WR last year, and they ended up trading down and taking an IOL instead.  Patriots are the biggest threat IMO.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Titans took Treylon Burks, and they're rebuilding their entire offensive unit outside of Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry.  WR seems like a luxury pick for them at this point.  Feels like OL is the play here for them.  Texans are absolutely in the mix, and I'd suspect if they end up with CJ Stroud that the chances of JSN as a Texan go up dramatically.  Everyone expected Houston to take a WR last year, and they ended up trading down and taking an IOL instead.  Patriots are the biggest threat IMO.

I mean we all know what's going to happen. After not swapping picks 13 and 15 with the Jets as part of the Rodgers trade, JSN is going No. 14 to the Patriots. 

What's going to suck is if that happens and there is also an earlier run on EDGE guys from 9-13 (guys like LVN, Murphy and Smith all go). 

At that point, I guess you either stay put and draft a guy like QJ, take a TE which doesn't sound appealing at 15, grab an OT like Jones or Wright, trade down or go with the next tier on defense like maybe McDonald, Branch, Bresee (yuck), or a CB? 

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots make Zay Flowers the highest drafted WR.

I think the Zay Flowers hype is media driven and he goes lower than many are mocking him. 

15 minutes ago, R T said:

I think the Zay Flowers hype is media driven and he goes lower than many are mocking him. 

The Patriots have weird tastes when it comes to WRs though.  Last year they took Tyquan Thornton over George PIckens, Alec Pierce, and Skyy Moore.  2019 they took N'Keal Harry over Deebo, A.J. Brown, and Mecole Hartman.  2013 they took Aaron Dobson over Keenan Allen and Marquise Goodwin.

So it wouldn't be a surprise if the Patriots like Flowers more than the other WRs- they're not good at drafting them.