Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

8 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Is Cedric Tillman the ideal replacement for Lazard in terms of size and what Lazard does as a blocker etc? If not which WR in this years draft would be? 

The few Draft Magazines I have keep pointing to Elijah Higgins out of Stanford. At most he lacks an inch or two in height, but so does Tillman. He's also mentioned as being a potential converted TE/H-Back at the NFL Level(there's been talk of wanting Lazard to play TE on this board). As far as attributes go, Higgins has virtually all things Lazard is known for, including a difficulty of separation from tight coverage and shows a promise in ST work(Lazard once took up ST duty despite being a legit starter on offense in order to improve the unit however he could).

16 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He'd bring a certain type of attitude to the team we may be missing.

The Packers will soon have an opening for thin-skinned drama queen, are we sure they want to fill that position right away? Maybe they could just leave that position vacant for a few years. 

• Like 1

I like QJ a lot less than I did at first. His "quickness" and agility on tape were amplified because he sets it up while he's catching the ball (which has led to drops). I think NFL DBs aren't going to miss nearly as much, rendering his biggest strength less of an advantage. Plus he is not very good at contested catches, and he's going to need to be at the next level. He kinda has bust written all over him.  I'm not sure his strengths translate well and weaknesses definitely don't. 

I wouldn't take him in the 1st. 

I keep wanting to really like JSN, but he plays smaller than his size and he gets caught from behind going sideways and knocked backward on contact too much for me to LOVE him as a super elite slot prospect. He's definitely nifty with his feet and will get separation on the next level, but he's just not a YAC threat that warrants a first round pick.

• Like 1

Have to give props to @Packerraymond, there's only one 1st round WR in this draft and his name is Zay Flowers. Zay is who every JSN fan wants JSN to be. He measures smaller but plays bigger. He can threaten the defense horizontally, vertically and after the catch. That's a weapon MLF is sure to like. 

Wonder if he's the real target at pick 13, 14 or 15.

2 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

The few Draft Magazines I have keep pointing to Elijah Higgins out of Stanford. At most he lacks an inch or two in height, but so does Tillman. He's also mentioned as being a potential converted TE/H-Back at the NFL Level(there's been talk of wanting Lazard to play TE on this board). As far as attributes go, Higgins has virtually all things Lazard is known for, including a difficulty of separation from tight coverage and shows a promise in ST work(Lazard once took up ST duty despite being a legit starter on offense in order to improve the unit however he could).

They still have Draft Magazines?

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Have to give props to @Packerraymond, there's only one 1st round WR in this draft and his name is Zay Flowers. Zay is who every JSN fan wants JSN to be. He measures smaller but plays bigger. He can threaten the defense horizontally, vertically and after the catch. That's a weapon MLF is sure to like. 

His C.O.D. doesn't make biological sense.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I’d bet at least 3 WRs go on the first

I'm on the Flowers train too. He's up to #2 for me after JSN. They're the only two I like for the first right now. 

I like a lot of the WRs this year. Great year to steal some talent in rounds 4 and 5. Wicks, BFW, Haselwood might all be available in that range.