Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

He's so good.  Like when you get a chance to take a guy with a top 5 grade with a pick in the teens you do it.

At some point a high enough graded RB will be the best value. Here's where the best RB ranked in terms of total value (career earnings) in each draft class: 

2017 - McCaffrey - 11

2016 - Elliott - 9

2015 - Gurley - 24

2014 - Freeman - 55

2013 - Bell - 27

2012 - Lamar Miller - 64

2011 - Murray - 52

2010 - Spiller - 39

2009 - McCoy - 7

2008 - McFadden - 15

2007 - Peterson - 4

2006 - Bush - 11

2005 - Gore - 11

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

For those of you thinking the Packers might take an OL high, which are the top guys who actually match the Packers profile for drafting OL?

PJJ, BroJo and Wright all do 

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

At some point a high enough graded RB will be the best value. Here's where the best RB ranked in terms of total value (career earnings) in each draft class: 

2017 - McCaffrey - 11

2016 - Elliott - 9

2015 - Gurley - 24

2014 - Freeman - 55

2013 - Bell - 27

2012 - Lamar Miller - 64

2011 - Murray - 52

2010 - Spiller - 39

2009 - McCoy - 7

2008 - McFadden - 15

2007 - Peterson - 4

2006 - Bush - 11

2005 - Gore - 11

overpaid

zeke has not lived up to that blockbuster contract. 

reggie bush did not live up to his rookie contract so his rank is inflated.

mcfadden made his money off of the adrian peterson hype, didn't live up to it. 

frank gore is skewed high relative to productivity because of his career longevity. 

should have made more

leveon bell skewed low by missing out on a year of salary.

gurley career cut short by the knee injury he had in college. 

ot thomas and calvin johnson retired early from the 2007 class. adrian peterson was arguably the most impactful player in it. 

i agree that AP is the only guy worth a top 5 pick from that group. 

45 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

He's so good.  Like when you get a chance to take a guy with a top 5 grade with a pick in the teens you do it.

He'd certainly open things up for Love in the future.  What does Jones have left after next year? and Dillon is a FA next offseason. 

Hard to see it though.   Maybe in a trade down if their target isn't there after moving back?  

I wouldn't be disappointed with Bijan, but I think they are going for the trenches.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I would be so flipping excited. I know "don't take RBs high" and we don't need one for this system. And we have two good ones or whatever. Don't care. Team Bijan. He's a god.

I'd be okay with it. Still like JSN more but I can think of a lot of guys we've talked about here who probably aren't going to be as good as Bijan even if they play "premium" positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

PJJ, BroJo and Wright all do 

You don't know if they do or don't because none of them did any of the agility testing except for Wright doing the short shuttle and he barely slide under on that. 

If we go bijan in round 1 and washington in round 2 our running game will be an absolute force for the next 4 years.

Resign nijman for 10-15 a year, let bak and aaron jones walk after this year. Invest dollars in the defense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

If we go bijan in round 1 and washington in round 2 our running game will be an absolute force for the next 4 years.

Resign nijman for 10-15 a year, let bak and aaron jones walk after this year. Invest dollars in the defense.

And if we use the spare second rounder we get from trading Rodgers to upgrade Runyan or Myers, even better.

I say we keep Jonesy on a contract extension and keep him and Bijan fresh for years. I could see Jones ending his career with us when his age matches his number, if used right. 

• Like 1