Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

24 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I am really starting to think that we are going to draft Nolan Smith. 

I keep wavering on him.  I just don't trust a 230 pound edge rusher.  For comparison, KGB was 250, and CMIII was 255.  There is a lot to like with Smith.  But like I said earlier, I think that is a risk that I would rather let another team take.  

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

If we go bijan in round 1 and washington in round 2 our running game will be an absolute force for the next 4 years.

Resign nijman for 10-15 a year, let bak and aaron jones walk after this year. Invest dollars in the defense.

Man, I’m wishing for Washington but I’m starting to think no way is Washington there in round 2

35 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Man, I’m wishing for Washington but I’m starting to think no way is Washington there in round 2

Washington seems like a guy who some teams (like GB) will value highly, while other teams would have him late day 2.

Edit: I guess you could say that about a lot of guys, but he seems like an extreme case based on scheme fit.

Edited by Lodestar

The more I do the mock drafts the more I find myself taking Van Ness. I think we rush the card up if he is on the board at 15. I wish there was any chance we could get Tyree Wilson, that guy is a freak of nature. I'd take Nolan Smith at 15 as well. 

Edited by PackFan13

If only it were this easy. Simulator with Rodgers to the jets with #45 for #42 , #43. I'm forwarding it to Gute 

GB

Lukas Van Ness 

EDGE Iowa

GB

Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah

GB

Zay Flowers
WR Boston College

GB

Sam LaPorta
TE Iowa

GB

Tyler Steen
OT Alabama

GB

Chase Brown
RB Illinois

GB

Moro Ojomo
DT Texas

GB

Xavier Henderson
S Michigan State

GB

Spencer Anderson
OC Maryland
GB

Byron Young
DT Alabama
GB

Durell Nchami
EDGE Maryland

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sandy said:

And if we use the spare second rounder we get from trading Rodgers to upgrade Runyan or Myers, even better.

I say we keep Jonesy on a contract extension and keep him and Bijan fresh for years. I could see Jones ending his career with us when his age matches his number, if used right. 

I think myers is safe. Definitely wonder where f.o. is on rhyan/runyan/newman at this point. Maybe rhyan had an insanely focused offseason, in which case he could be better than any of the second round prospects this year. Im not sure how the ogs in this class stack up against him. 

9 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

If we go bijan in round 1 and washington in round 2 our running game will be an absolute force for the next 4 years.

Resign nijman for 10-15 a year, let bak and aaron jones walk after this year. Invest dollars in the defense.

Is there a realistic expectation that Washington would be available for GB in RD2?  That seems awfully optimistic, but I also remember when there was "no way" Bulaga would fall into GB's lap.

My late to mid-round WR draft crush. Charlie Jones from Purdue. Really good agility numbers, 4.4 in the 40, 6.84 3-cone,  110 catches for 1,361 yards and 12 touchdowns last season. Will be 25 during the season, took a while for him to figure it out. Apparently has nice hands and runs good routes

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Is there a realistic expectation that Washington would be available for GB in RD2?  That seems awfully optimistic, but I also remember when there was "no way" Bulaga would fall into GB's lap.

On pff he is usually there, probably depends how much of the recent wr hype is smoke. 

31 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't think it is awfully optimistic, there is a good percentage of teams that will have little interest in him and another group that will have a lower grade on him because of scheme fit and usage. There is probably only 8-10 teams that covet him on the level the Packers might and most of those could have players at prime positions that they desire ahead of a TE. 

• Like 2