Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I wonder if draft targets for that 13/15 swap were discussed?  Jets are widely linked to OT's.   I think they would have been extremely hesitant to allow GB ahead of them if they thought GB would target their OT at that spot.  Perhaps it just didn't matter and Gute wanted that pick regardless.      I'm leaning towards them having discussed that and GB won't be taking an OT at that spot.  No way of knowing - just my thought process

I'd be surprised if Gute & JD discussed who they might be drafting and tailored the trade package accordingly.

I gotta say, I feel reeeeal comfy about the situation at #13. About the only position I might feel sketchy about is on Edge, but that's mainly because I bought into the 250-plus weight theory and would probably balk on Nolan Smith as a result. Apart from that, anyone from OL or WR would suit me just fine.

28 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I wonder if draft targets for that 13/15 swap were discussed?  Jets are widely linked to OT's.   I think they would have been extremely hesitant to allow GB ahead of them if they thought GB would target their OT at that spot.  Perhaps it just didn't matter and Gute wanted that pick regardless.      I'm leaning towards them having discussed that and GB won't be taking an OT at that spot.  No way of knowing - just my thought process

I don’t think they discussed what their board is at all. Jets have no idea what GB is thinking at 13.

Couple recently posted "rumors" from walterfootball

Late in the draft process, teams get their medical reports, and if players get flunked medically, they can be dropped off draft boards. One high-profile prospect who some teams have flunked medically is Georgia tight end Darnell Washington. Along with the medical, some team sources said there are some minor character concerns. If Washington slides on the second day of the 2023 NFL Draft, the medical and the character will be the reasons why.

Another tight end who has been hurt by the medical evaluation is Iowa's Sam LaPorta. LaPorta is a sleeper prospect who a lot of teams really loved. In speaking to sources at multiple teams, they said the medical report was not bad enough to get LaPorta dropped off their board. However, it was not clean ,and it would be the reason if LaPorta slides into the middle or back half of the second round during the 2023 NFL Draft.

• Like 4

OT or EDGE is the most likely. They absolutely know they need to get weapons early in the draft. I think they really like Kincaid too. I need one of JSN, Kincaid, or flowers for Love. 

I Need It Reaction GIF

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

I wonder if draft targets for that 13/15 swap were discussed?  Jets are widely linked to OT's.   I think they would have been extremely hesitant to allow GB ahead of them if they thought GB would target their OT at that spot. 

I'm not convinced the Jets won't be looking to trade back from 15, since they need a Right Tackle probablly but they really need a Center and 15 is pretty rich for John Michael Schmitz but he probably won't be there at 42.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not convinced the Jets won't be looking to trade back from 15, since they need a Right Tackle probablly but they really need a Center and 15 is pretty rich for John Michael Schmitz but he probably won't be there at 42.

They get Broderick Jones at 15, but he actually isn't any good. That seems very much like a thing that would "happen to" Aaron Rodgers 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They get Broderick Jones at 15, but he actually isn't any good. That seems very much like a thing that would "happen to" Aaron Rodgers 

If you listen to Greg Cosell on the Ross Tucker podcast he didn't have a very high opinion of Jones. Now watch Jones be the Packers pick at 13. Lol