Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

6 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Not sure if serious, but Rodgers with the Broncos defense would be closer to a SB contender than a bottom-five team.

Well, they might not be Bottom 5, but it depends on if Hackett would have been completely disastrous or if Rodgers could have carried him a little.

I just don't see this Rodgers that everyone is talking about carrying anyone in 2022. Where has he been? Because Watson and Lazard were open all over that field tonight and he doesn't see it anymore, so who cares if their names are "Jeudy" and "Sutton"? 

7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Not sure if serious, but Rodgers with the Broncos defense would be closer to a SB contender than a bottom-five team.

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Don't think any team is a SB contender with this 2022 version of Rodgers at QB, but he certainly would have been better than Russ was this year. 

Given how much of a clownshow Hackett was as HC, I'm not sure what Rodgers could've done to have boosted things. He would've been different from Russ, no questions about it, but he would've had a whole different cluster of problems. Tunnel vision mentality, the lack of scrambling further enhanced by playing more games in high altitude(getting gassed faster), the need for a timing based offense with receivers not familiar at ALL to his demands, the likely no-showing of OTAs contributing to the unfamiliarity, the lack of leadership around him putting a spotlight on his overall flaws as a leader type, the unmistakable downsides of old age at QB in an environment that gets just as cold as Green Bay.

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

I'm interested to see how 6'7 270lb TE Darnell Washington tests this off-season. He looks slow but I wonder if it's because he's so huge with a long stride. Hell of a blocker and looks like he has good hands.

Marcedes Lewis #2? Can't coach somebody to be 6'7" and 270. Almost another OT on the line.

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

I'm interested to see how 6'7 270lb TE Darnell Washington tests this off-season. He looks slow but I wonder if it's because he's so huge with a long stride. Hell of a blocker and looks like he has good hands.

He suffered an ankle injury against Ohio St. So depending on when you saw him, he may have been at less than 100%. Generally I think his speed is considered good but not great for a TE, which you would expect for someone that big. 

18 hours ago, Kepler said:

one of my draft crushes. imagine him with Lewis mentoring him. he'll be a monster 

Washington projects for a very high RAS as well (obviously easier when you're that big). 

The issue is he's a unicorn. Fun to get excited or mock him to us, but there are 31 teams looking at his unique frame and abilities. I wouldn't be shocked to see him taken in the first round - much like Big Dog was 15 years ago.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Does anyone have thoughts about Jordan Addison/WR from USC? I've seen a couple mocks with GB taking him at 15. Looks to be a slot guy at 6'0"/175lbs. 

The opposite of Darnell Washington. Height at 6' 0" is okay, but at 175 lbs. the guy won't be able to block like Green Bay wants, and I think there is a strong possibility of constant injuries. JMO. Slot guys have to go over the middle....

13 hours ago, Tperk said:

Does anyone have thoughts about Jordan Addison/WR from USC? I've seen a couple mocks with GB taking him at 15. Looks to be a slot guy at 6'0"/175lbs. 

I feel like if GB were to ever take a WR in round one, he will have to be at least 6'1'' 190 pounds.  With great straight speed, agility, a great vertical and with hands.  Needs to be a complete package, and from a large school.

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like if GB were to ever take a WR in round one, he will have to be at least 6'1'' 190 pounds.  With great straight speed, agility, a great vertical and with hands.  Needs to be a complete package, and from a large school.

I just really do not want a WR in round one. Especially with Watson and Doubs already here. Take WR in round 2-4. I was hoping to not turn my attention to the draft this early but I will have to start looking now.