Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

On 1/24/2023 at 12:11 PM, Brat&Beer said:

Biggest need is Safety. Anyone with any thoughts on Brian Branch? I'm read some reports that suggest his best position is the star position. Packers already have a safety they drafted in the 1st round with that evaluation. They need someone who can actually patrol the secondary as a safety. Can he do it?

i really want jammie robinson on this squad 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

Does your strategy for the draft change if Rodgers stays vs Love taking over???

One hundred percent.

If an aging QB with an ego problem comes back, you draft a skill position player or OT and hope your defense clicks with the talent it already has.

If you’re starting a new era at QB, you keep building the defense until the defense lives up to its investment and you add areas of need via free agency and trades, late round picks, etc.

19 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

If Rodgers is moving on and Love is QB1, draft the better players.  If Rodgers stays, then continue drafting mediocre/ busts.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the masses:

Not really.

I want an EDGE first.  Or DL.  But it should be a premium position defensive pick.

Then I want a safety in the draft...but somewhere, doesn't have to be round 1 or two.

And I want another WR drafted 4'th round or earlier.

Then I want another OL or center later.

And a RB later.

Kind of the same formula whether Love is here or Rodgers.

Free agency, though, which includes our own re-structures and re-signs....totally different story, Love vs. Rodgers.

40 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not really.

I want an EDGE first.  Or DL.  But it should be a premium position defensive pick.

Then I want a safety in the draft...but somewhere, doesn't have to be round 1 or two.

And I want another WR drafted 4'th round or earlier.

Then I want another OL or center later.

And a RB later.

Kind of the same formula whether Love is here or Rodgers.

Free agency, though, which includes our own re-structures and re-signs....totally different story, Love vs. Rodgers.

• Like 2