Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Waddle missed 1 game in his 2-year career. HE was coming off a foot injury at Alabama. 

Devonta Smith hasn't missed a game in two years, but nice try. 

Smith hasn’t missed time?  I seem to remember him being hurt in every game I watched. 

My bad though. Forgot Waddle was hurt in college not NFL.

Guys that frail just don’t seem to have long careers. Maybe it just seems that way though. 

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Smith hasn’t missed time?  I seem to remember him being hurt in every game I watched. 

My bad though. Forgot Waddle was hurt in college not NFL.

Guys that frail just don’t seem to have long careers. Maybe it just seems that way though. 

Nope! Waddle has over 1000 yards each year. 

Smith had over 900 his rookie year and 1196 this past year. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He had over 11K receiving yards and was a heck of a punt returner as well. 

There are certainly guys who have excelled. Could be that were at the start of a new cycle. Back in the day you had some good smaller guys like the Marks brothers in Miami with Marino and forget a few more in that era. Smaller quick WR’s. The CB’s got smaller and quicker and WR’s got bigger. Now with CB’s getting bigger to combat that, WR’s going small again?

4 hours ago, R T said:

5' 11" - 6'0" - 6' 1" it doesn't make a lot of difference. 

4.3/40 - 4.4/40 doesn't make a lot of difference. 

172 pounds or 180 pounds to 198 pounds makes a big difference when the laws of physics are applied in the game of football. 

Using PFF's measurements they list Smith-Njigba at 198 and Hyatt at 180, JSN is 10% larger than Hyatt. Think that makes no difference? Use that percentage increase for a D-lineman who is 290 pounds versus one 10% larger at 319 pounds. Size matters with the game of football. And there is no need to point out if the smaller guy has more talent, we all get that. 

People using Driver (played at 6'0/194), Jennings (6'0/198), Cobb (5'10/195) are missing the huge difference between 170-180 to the 190's. 

The Packers are probably very interested in JSN, Hyatt probably not so much. 

JSN 4.45 at best to 4.60.

Jalin Hyatt 4.25 at best to 4.35.

I have JSN at #2 and Hyatt at #3 on my list so far, but this is a speed league and Hyatt has speed to change games. 

If anything JSN is going to be a 6-7 RAS guy while Hyatt will be 9+ thus I think the interest will be flipped from what you assume.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Just asking and I don’t know.

How many players under 180 have had 6,000 career receiving yards?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_career.htm

Alfred Jenkins, Mel Gray, Pat Ttilley, Anthony Carter, Webster Slaughter, Ernest Givens, Wesley Walker, Tommy McDonald, Cliff Branch, Terrance Mathis, Mark Clayton, Drew Hill, Harold Jackson, Gary Clark, Desean Jackson

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

There are certainly guys who have excelled. Could be that were at the start of a new cycle. Back in the day you had some good smaller guys like the Marks brothers in Miami with Marino and forget a few more in that era. Smaller quick WR’s. The CB’s got smaller and quicker and WR’s got bigger. Now with CB’s getting bigger to combat that, WR’s going small again?

No clue on that one! I just want Jalin Wyatt if he's a 4.29 guy. Put him in the slot with Watson and Doubs outside and roll with Love. Have Jones or Dillon in the backfield and let teams pick their poison. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

JSN 4.45 at best to 4.60.

Jalin Hyatt 4.25 at best to 4.35.

I have JSN at #2 and Hyatt at #3 on my list so far, but this is a speed league and Hyatt has speed to change games. 

If anything JSN is going to be a 6-7 RAS guy while Hyatt will be 9+ thus I think the interest will be flipped from what you assume.

You really think JSN runs that slow?

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

No clue on that one! I just want Jalin Wyatt if he's a 4.29 guy. Put him in the slot with Watson and Doubs outside and roll with Love. Have Jones or Dillon in the backfield and let teams pick their poison. 

IF he can really run that fast, I’m intrigued. Speed kills as someone once said 

5 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

IF he can really run that fast, I’m intrigued. Speed kills as someone once said 

That is true! I think Doubs might be a stud. We stole him. He didn't do the combine or a pro day due to a knee injury. He's got some serious hops. Reminds me of a young 'Tae. I'd be jacked to give Love those three guys to see what he can do.

Edited by Old Guy

19 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not a deal breaker for a great career but yes, he’d slide.

Didnt Adams run in the mid 4.5’s 

JSN is a great player, just not a speedster. Going to be one of those QB best friend types. Think Jarvis Landry type, but JSN is a bit more athletic. 

Hyatt's comp is easy, he's Will Fuller all day long. 

• Like 1