Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

Alabama seemed to mostly line Branch up close to the line of scrimmage. He's really good there. But can he play single high? I want to know that if he's going to be the 15th overall pick. 

He’s only going to have one year with Barry.

Then Harbaugh will be his head coach and he’ll put his players in a position to succeed instead of putting them in a position to be as useless as nipples on a turtle.

Hold me to this guys.....

For every season Anthony Richardson has in the NFL where he completes 60% of his passes and has more TD passes than INTs I'll donate $100 to the MACC fund in his honor. 

It'll never happen so I'll donate $100 to them after he "retires". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Jayden Reed isn't 6'0" 215 lbs.  He measured at 5'10" 191 at the Senior Bowl so he belongs in your group 4.  He's a damn good slot receiver, though.  Nice route runner, good hands, very quick, had an excellent week at the Senior Bowl.

Johnston is an athletic freak but I'm personally not sold on him.  For a guy as big as he is he doesn't play like it.  Not physical, doesn't attack the ball but waits for it to come to him instead so his contested catch win rate isn't good (8 of 23 or 34.8%).  Body catches just about everything.  And he barely blocks in the run game.

As for your group 1 players, don't forget about Michael Wilson.  He fits GB's metrics at 6'2" 212 and was one of the best players at the Senior Bowl.  A.T. Perry might be in the conversation as well (measured 6'3" 195 at the Shrine Bowl, so just slightly below the weight threshold for now unless he gains some weight for the Combine).

Some big bodied day 3 guys to look at would be Jonathan Mingo (6'1" 226), Bryce Ford-Wheaton (6'3" 222), Andrei Iosivas (6'2" 212), Elijah Higgins (6'2" 228), and Justin Shorter (6'3" 224).  I'm curious to see how these guys do at the Combine and pro days.

I stopped at the top 100 overall prospects from thedraftnetwork.com's list, so there are surely some missed players.  Definitely not a comprehensive overview.  I also watched one or two highlights.  

I will have to look into Johnston more.  It is disappointing that a guy that size doesn't block.  He should be manhandling 180 pound CBs.  The scouting report said that Rashee Rice blocks, I will try to find some evidence of that.  If he really is a blocker, he is probably right up the Packers' alley. 

Of these guys, Jaxon Smith-Njigba is my favorite thus far.  And I not only see the WR size pattern, but I usually agree with it too.  And a guy like that, the blocking doesn't really sway me at all.  Jennings, Adams, and Cobb weren't monsters out there either, they sometimes kind of get in the way.

26 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Hold me to this guys.....

For every season Anthony Richardson has in the NFL where he completes 60% of his passes and has more TD passes than INTs I'll donate $100 to the MACC fund in his honor. 

It'll never happen so I'll donate $100 to them after he "retires". 

For the Packers, or for anyone?

Just now, wgbeethree said:

Anyone. Dude is straight up Charles Barkley "TERRABLE". I'd be mad if UW was looking at him much less the Packers. I've never been so sure anyone was going to be bad. 

That is how I felt about Blaine Gabbert.  I am amazed he is still bouncing around the league.

23 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

-Rashee Rice SMU 6'3 206. (54) Not as fast as Johnston, but a big target that is fast enough, think EQ.  Write-up says he is a good blocker, highlights don't show that. [edit] highlights don't not show that either, there weren't highlights of him blocking from the clips that I watched 

Plot twist!  Apparently, Rice is 6'0.5 and not 6'3.  Here is a good video that I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtTTLxzgzSo&ab_channel=DevytoDynastyFootball 

I came away a lot less impressed after watching the route running, and finding out that he was not as tall as advertised.  Good hands though.

11 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Alabama seemed to mostly line Branch up close to the line of scrimmage. He's really good there. But can he play single high? I want to know that if he's going to be the 15th overall pick. 

Sounds like Jamal Adams, easy pass for me. 

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

He’s only going to have one year with Barry.

Then Harbaugh will be his head coach and he’ll put his players in a position to succeed instead of putting them in a position to be as useless as nipples on a turtle.

Harbaugh is an easy pass for me. You never hire a Bear to do a Packer job. 

I am assuming the top end receivers are going to be gone so I have moved to later rounds and my first draft want (outside of homer picks) of this season Is Andrei Iosivas, WR Princeton. 6'3" 212 pounds and runs a 4.3? sign me up! He has small hands and shortish arms but in the mid rounds I like this guy. He and Watson and be the deep guys and let Doubs roam the middle.

2 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I am assuming the top end receivers are going to be gone so I have moved to later rounds and my first draft want (outside of homer picks) of this season Is Andrei Iosivas, WR Princeton. 6'3" 212 pounds and runs a 4.3? sign me up! He has small hands and shortish arms but in the mid rounds I like this guy. He and Watson and be the deep guys and let Doubs roam the middle.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but Doubs is pretty much a boundary receiver. We need a slot guy which is why I want Jalin Hyatt if he slides so us in round 2. Might be doubtful he gets to us in round 2. 

Edited by Old Guy