Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What is everyone's opinion of the Packers need for a RB?

I started watching RBs earlier, and there were some good ones out there.  I did think we may look at one, but with Jones back through 24, we probably don't need one this year.  Dillon is a FA next offseason, but it isn't like the learning curve is ridiculously steep that a rookie couldn't come in and split with Jones.  And I just find myself thinking about having two second round RBs and a RB that is paid, and it doesn't sit well.  

Draft Bijon

Trade Dillon and 4th for Gabriel Davis….they don’t wanna pay him, and Dillon is perfect with Cook.

50 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I'd pay Gabe Davis, but why would Buffalo shop him?

Lol. Gave Davis had a catch % of less than 52% this year.

Dude is a smaller MVS. You want him because he’s not a Packer, but if he was a Packer you wouldn’t want him.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Dude is a smaller MVS. You want him because he’s not a Packer, but if he was a Packer you wouldn’t want him.

He's a better all-around WR than MVS, but I will admit, after having Davis on my fantasy team this season and expecting a breakout campaign, I was pretty disappointed overall. He was never able to fill that 1b role next to Diggs. 

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Davis also had a 17.4 ypc - pair that with the catch rate and it makes sense. He's only used as a deep threat in Buffalo despite the fact that he's totally misused in that role. His strengths are size and explosion paired with (despite some drops) good hands, suggesting he can excel in a short passing game. And he's an excellent blocker. He fits exactly what we need in a WR.

Dude is a bigger MVS. He's 23 years old. You hate him because he's a wide receiver.

6 hours ago, Sandy said:

Davis also had a 17.4 ypc - pair that with the catch rate and it makes sense. He's only used as a deep threat in Buffalo despite the fact that he's totally misused in that role. His strengths are size and explosion paired with (despite some drops) good hands, suggesting he can excel in a short passing game. And he's an excellent blocker. He fits exactly what we need in a WR.

Dude is a bigger MVS. He's 23 years old. You hate him because he's a wide receiver.

MVS had 16.4 yards per reception and 20.9 in his best year.

Davis is actually bigger by 4 pounds though. You’re wrong about everything else.

To touch on a topic from Way Way Back about first round picks resulting in Super Bowl contention at various positions - I didn't go back and do exhaustive research but if you start with the 07 draft, over the past 15 years the only first round QB's who've won a Super Bowl with their original team are  Mahomes twice and Carson Wentz with an asterisk

I think based on this we can conclude all first round picks are poor investments and no team should ever pick anyone in the first round

Edited by Mr Bad Example

51 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

To touch on a topic from Way Way Back about first round picks resulting in Super Bowl contention at various positions - I didn't go back and do exhaustive research but if you start with the 07 draft, over the past 15 years the only first round QB's who've won a Super Bowl with their original team are  Mahomes twice and Carson Wentz with an asterisk

I think based on this we can conclude all first round picks are poor investments and no team should ever pick anyone in the first round

Are you the ghost of George Allen? 

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

One thing I’m realizing is that it’s more about draft capital than what you do with first round picks.

It’s a timing thing. There is absolutely correlation to cap allotment, draft capital and positional value.

The Chiefs just downgraded at WR, acquired significant draft capital and had a solid offensive line with big contracts at TE and QB.

The only thing that is clear to me after the Chiefs broke the QB cap hit rule is that you need a strong OL and a strong DL. This is the clearest of clear. Proof is in the Chiefs getting destroyed by the Buccaneers. If you can get a cheap OL and a cheap DL, you can pay your QB.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

What did he do? I can't find anything other than he isn't going to do the drills at the combine.

Lied to police about a car crash fatality in which he was likely racing the deceased.