Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

On 3/1/2023 at 9:04 AM, Outpost31 said:

Jalen Carter should easily be our 15th overall selection, but now the Chiefs are going to get him at 31st overall.

I'm more concerned that the showed up out of shape and was completely ineffective in the championship game. 

Questionable work ethic is a giant red flag for me on the bigs 

• Like 2

The top CB's are interesting if the Pack is committed to Douglas playing more safety next season.    I know the forums will be very interesting - some heads exploding if GB takes another CB with a top pick.   I hope they find help ear;y on the DL or Edge but most importantly I just want them adding high-end talent - even if another CB

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm more concerned that the showed up out of shape and was completely ineffective in the championship game. 

Questionable work ethic is a giant red flag for me on the bigs 

That I didn’t know. 

19 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

The top CB's are interesting if the Pack is committed to Douglas playing more safety next season.    I know the forums will be very interesting - some heads exploding if GB takes another CB with a top pick.   I hope they find help ear;y on the DL or Edge but most importantly I just want them adding high-end talent - even if another CB

I’ve been thinking about them taking a CB early for some time too. It may be the value at 15 or so.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It was refutable though. You said he has good hands despite drops. That’s like an oxymoron. If he was good in that role you suggest he’s good in, he would have been used in that role. MVS has roughly the exact same career YPC and catch rate as Davis. MVS is also a good blocker after his time with LaFleur. They’re extremely similar players in their value to a team.

The problem is, because of their worth, they’re both going to get paid more than they’re worth.

Davis’ ceiling is a Ted Gunn Jr career. Great to have after their first big payday when the aura around them dissipates and teams and fans alike know their true value.

This is just so completely wrong...he happens to be the best in a deep threat role on his team (since Diggs takes the star receiver role) but it doesn't mean it's the best use of his ability. He's nothing like Ted Ginn as a player.

The drops are symptoms of his miscasting as a deep threat. He actually has excellent hands in red zone or mid-yardage situations. Scouts all laud good (not great) hands.

His skills are short yardage burst and he's blessed with a naturally large frame. He's also the best blocking WR in the AFC East. He would fit perfectly in a legit MLF offense (not the Rodgers bastardization) with Love at QB and opposite Watson on the field.

But even if we continue to disagree, I see no reason why the Bills would want to trade him.

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Breaking: The Packers will formally meet with every top 100 player at the Combine because that is the purpose of the Combine.

Who cares? It’s always interesting to follow who the Packers are meeting with at the combine, pro days, senior bowl, etc even if they’re just doing due diligence. Not much else to follow this time of year.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Breaking: The Packers will formally meet with every top 100 player at the Combine because that is the purpose of the Combine.

It will be great when they start meeting with the top QB's. The rumors of us trading both Love and Rodgers will get @Outpost31 excited. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

It will be great when they start meeting with the top QB's. The rumors of us trading both Love and Rodgers will get @Outpost31 excited. 

I would be excited AF.

Trade them both, draft one 7th overall, sign Derek Carr to a two year deal, cut him after his first year.