Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Who cares? It’s always interesting to follow who the Packers are meeting with at the combine, pro days, senior bowl, etc even if they’re just doing due diligence. Not much else to follow this time of year.

I'm digging it AP.  

Could just be the reporter's interest or connection, but we are looking at a lot of defensive backs.  I think we need a safety.  I started to look at them like I did the WRs and edge rushers.  I think I may need to look for some of those full game breakdowns on these guys.  I wasn't blown away by any of the highlights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

This is just so completely wrong...he happens to be the best in a deep threat role on his team (since Diggs takes the star receiver role) but it doesn't mean it's the best use of his ability. He's nothing like Ted Ginn as a player.

The drops are symptoms of his miscasting as a deep threat. He actually has excellent hands in red zone or mid-yardage situations. Scouts all laud good (not great) hands.

His skills are short yardage burst and he's blessed with a naturally large frame. He's also the best blocking WR in the AFC East. He would fit perfectly in a legit MLF offense (not the Rodgers bastardization) with Love at QB and opposite Watson on the field.

But even if we continue to disagree, I see no reason why the Bills would want to trade him.

He’s not the best deep threat in the NFL. If you’re saying he’s the best ONLY deep threat, you’re still not right.

Waddle had a catch rate 10% higher.

Devante Parker same.

Corey Davis had the exact same season as Davis.

DJ Chark had a better catch percentage.

Darius Slayton was 10% higher.

Javan Dotson was higher.

He’s not some elite deep threat, and if he was capable of more he’d be used for more.

I didn’t compare him to Ginn, I said Ginn’s career is his ceiling.

He’s never going to be the guy. He’s a guy who gets open because teams are keying on Diggs. Just like MVS when MVS led the NFL in yards per reception.

It’s not “some drops.” It’s a large number of drops. And these aren’t all coming on deep shots.

Your argument comes apart at the fact that Isaiah McKenzie had 65 targets for 10 yards per reception. That’s a lot of targets for a #3 slot role if your #2 is capable of that role.

He’s just not who you think he is. These same types of things happen all the time. Kenny Golloday is another one. Dude got a huge payday for a good year. MVS signed a contract beyond what he should ever been paid. Throw MVS in Gabe’s roll and he’s having as good as or better a year. Throw Davis in MVS’s years instead and he’s having an extremely similar career.

You don’t have drops because you’re being misused. That doesn’t make any sense. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I would be excited AF.

Trade them both, draft one 7th overall, sign Derek Carr to a two year deal, cut him after his first year.

Let's not spend on Carr. Roll with Mariota for one year, use that money on Poyer and an extension instead.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Let's not spend on Carr. Roll with Mariota for one year, use that money on Poyer and an extension instead.

The money on Carr is worth it on a one year deal after he can’t get what he wants elsewhere. I don’t want Mariota contributing to the development of Watson or Doubs. I want a QB like Carr in this scenario.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Marvin Harrison and Ray Lewis murdered people.

Jalen Carter raced someone.

If Jalen Carter is sitting there at 15th overall and we don’t draft him, Gute needs to be fired on principle regardless of how Carter’s career turns out.

Totally agree. The charge is a misdemeanor and the crime is 20-yr old dumbassery. It's unfortunate that people died but there but for the grace of God go probably several members of this board, or at least myself. 

That said, if I'm interviewing him, I'd like to see him owning his part in things - options here are to continue to be an idiot or realize this is a wake-up call about what happens when you act like an idiot. 

4 hours ago, Sandy said:

This is just so completely wrong...he happens to be the best in a deep threat role on his team (since Diggs takes the star receiver role) but it doesn't mean it's the best use of his ability. He's nothing like Ted Ginn as a player.

The drops are symptoms of his miscasting as a deep threat. He actually has excellent hands in red zone or mid-yardage situations. Scouts all laud good (not great) hands.

His skills are short yardage burst and he's blessed with a naturally large frame. He's also the best blocking WR in the AFC East. He would fit perfectly in a legit MLF offense (not the Rodgers bastardization) with Love at QB and opposite Watson on the field.

But even if we continue to disagree, I see no reason why the Bills would want to trade him.

Plus

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/01/15/2020-nfl-draft-prospects-gabriel-davis-ucf-interview/

GD: One NFL quarterback playing right now? I gotta go with Aaron Rodgers. I’ve been watching him my whole life. My grandfather is actually a big Green Bay fan. We’ve been watching Green Bay games together dating back to the Brett Favre days. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Please welcome Van Ness to every Packers mock between now and the draft.

That vertical number is ****. God I really hope that was a bad rep. 

But yeah, he was always going to be a guy the Packers valued ridiculously highly.