Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Bresee looked really good in all the drills, too.  I was super low on him after watching his 2022 film (like I thought he looked so bad he was almost undraftable) but I need to go back and watch previous seasons now.  I guess he went through a lot of rough **** this year so it might just be an anomoly.

I didn't know about his non football issues until this week either. That would tough fit anyone to play through. So I get why he may have struggled this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

This draft is actually gonna be loaded in elite RAS IDL isn't it.

It's actually one of the worst IDL classes I can remember. 

You've got guys that you'd feel comfortable with playing 3 tech in the sub package, but as far as true 3 down IDLs, terrible draft.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's actually one of the worst IDL classes I can remember. 

You've got guys that you'd feel comfortable with playing 3 tech in the sub package, but as far as true 3 down IDLs, terrible draft.

That seems like an opinion that is going to be hard to defend after pro-days to me.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That seems like an opinion that is going to be hard to defend after pro-days to me.

Pretty much the universal consensus. You've got Carter who's probably the best DL to come out in awhile. From there it's a pickem, of some nice prospects in Kancey, Benton, Bresee, Mazi Smith. That group will all be gone after the top 50. From there I like Pickens from SC, Gervin from Florida, Brooks from Bowling Green, and that's about it.

Wyatt would be the unquestionable IDL2 in this class, it's weak.

I wouldn’t be upset with taking a corner.

I’ve written Stokes off already. Dude doesn’t have any grit to him at all. I’d love him as a backup.

Move Douglas to safety. Savage in the Star position. Jaire and rookie.

Then draft the best remaining IDL or EDGE with 15th overall.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty much the universal consensus. You've got Carter who's probably the best DL to come out in awhile. From there it's a pickem, of some nice prospects in Kancey, Benton, Bresee, Mazi Smith. That group will all be gone after the top 50. From there I like Pickens from SC, Gervin from Florida, Brooks from Bowling Green, and that's about it.

Ray, you realize you're arguing against numbers from the gym, right?

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Should be interesting to see where Benton, Gervin and Pickens go. I'd love to get any one of them.

6 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I'm starting to want him at 15. Van Ness could be the guy if he fixes the explosive testing. Those jumps just don't mesh with his other athletic traits. 

He’s a hockey player, they don’t jump much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Please welcome Van Ness to every Packers mock between now and the draft.

Can't get behind his name. For me it's very little to do with combine numbers or tape, all my scouting is based around will that name look good on a jersey!

Hence why Love will be better than Rodgers!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Can't get behind his name. For me it's very little to do with combine numbers or tape, all my scouting is based around will that name look good on a jersey!

Hence why Love will be better than Rodgers!!!

The name on the back of the jersey would read Loch (Van) Ness. 

• Like 1

So now that we can add athletic numbers to the mix, here's my grades on this years EDGE and IDL class:

IDL:

Tier 1: Probably going to end up as my #1 player in the class due to scarcity of the position. 
-Jalen Carter

Tier 2: OK with any of these guys at 15, happier with a trade down, ecstatic if any of them got to 45.
-Keeanu Benton
-Calijah Kancey
-Bryan Bresee

Tier 3: Early-mid 2nd round grade
-Mazi Smith

Tier 4: Clear Day 2 guys
-Gervon Dexter
-Zacch Pickens
-Kar Brooks

Tier 5: Draftable day 3
-Jalen Redmond
-Byron Young
-Siaka Ika
-Jaquelin Roy
-Kobie Turner
-Dante Still
-Jerrod Clark

EDGE class

Tier 1: Early round 1 guys, be hard pressed to find a path for them to #15
-Will Anderson
-Tyree Wilson
-Lukas Van Ness

Tier 2: Guys who should be candidates at 15
Nolan Smith
Myles Murphy
Keion White

Tier 3: The big tier, so much depth and athletic ability in this class, you'd be happy to get any of these guys at the tail end of round 1, but some of them have to slip
-A²
-Derick Hall
-FA-U
-Isaiah Foskey
-Zach Harrison
-Tuli Tuipolotu
-BJ Ojulari

Tier4: Late Day 2/Early Day 3 tier
-Robert Beal
-Yaya Diaby
-Byron Young
-Dylan Horton