Week 11 GDT: Raiders at Broncos

NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

39 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Nice to see Ferrell out there, I honestly feel like he has been a bit of a forgotten player and maybe not had a fair shake of the stick. I’m thinking he could do what Chandler Jones is doing at the very least, Ferrell isn’t explosive or bendy but Chandler seems to have lost a lot of explosion too. I’d like to see what he could do for a couple games opposite Crosby. Ziegler credited Jones with setting the edge and some good run defence and we know that is Ferrell’s strongest suit.

I’m not sure that’s true, his play meant we had to look at Ngakoue then Jones so he isn’t ever going to be a big contributor on passing downs. His current role suits at moment, he’s flashed some moments. 

10 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I’m not sure that’s true, his play meant we had to look at Ngakoue then Jones so he isn’t ever going to be a big contributor on passing downs. His current role suits at moment, he’s flashed some moments. 

You could be right, I would have liked to have seen Crosby and Ferrell together with a good DT combination to see what they could do with some help inside maybe. I do feel that Ferrell does at least have something to offer going forward.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

You could be right, I would have liked to have seen Crosby and Ferrell together with a good DT combination to see what they could do with some help inside maybe. I do feel that Ferrell does at least have something to offer going forward.

Cle hasn’t been able to settle in at a position went from 4-3 de to 4-3 dt to 3-4 olb/ilb while gaining and losing weight every year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Nice to see Ferrell out there, I honestly feel like he has been a bit of a forgotten player and maybe not had a fair shake of the stick. I’m thinking he could do what Chandler Jones is doing at the very least, Ferrell isn’t explosive or bendy but Chandler seems to have lost a lot of explosion too. I’d like to see what he could do for a couple games opposite Crosby. Ziegler credited Jones with setting the edge and some good run defence and we know that is Ferrell’s strongest suit.

Ferrell has had a chance to play a ton for three different defensive coordinators in three different schemes and just hasn't ever really been able to impress despite us lacking talent on the DL. IIRC he has like 4 hurries and 0.5 sack in 10 games this year. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Cle hasn’t been able to settle in at a position went from 4-3 de to 4-3 dt to 3-4 olb/ilb while gaining and losing weight every year. 

He was handed a starting role in Guenther's scheme his first two years and did absolutely nothing. Cle has flashes of looking alright but overall he's just not good. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nice esp on jmd night

scorecard carr:2 jmd:0 lol

ngl I threw my fist in the air when we won but that’s about it. Can’t get too jiggy with this w maybe it’s just me.

Yeah I mean its a little late obviously, against a bad team, but I do love seeing the team fired up. 

Gotta weed out the ones who dont care, and get more players like crosby, josh and adams who give it their all week in week out regardless if season is over. 

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah I mean its a little late obviously, against a bad team, but I do love seeing the team fired up. 

Gotta weed out the ones who dont care, and get more players like crosby, josh and adams who give it their all week in week out regardless if season is over. 

Meh maxx and adams certified dogs and already got paid

josh idk if it $ motivated but I’ll take it

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Josh was a monster last year for us down the stretch as well. He told the coaching staff before the Broncos game, put it on my shoulders and I'll carry us to a victory. I just think he was banged up in year 2/3 cause this year and his rookie season he put up top 3 RB numbers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Josh has been a hard runner every year for us. I dont think this is a contract year type scenario. 
I just think its his first time staying healthy (knock on wood), matched with DA who is pulling defenders back. 

Will be interesting to see his market after this year no doubt. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Will be interesting to see his market after this year no doubt. 

He's going to get paid and rightfully so but the one thing that could help us retain him is that the RB market is going to have some solid guys at the top. Saquan Barkley, Kareem Hunt, Jamaal Williams, Rashad Penny, and Miles Sanders are all free agents this offseason. Plus less heralded guys like Alexander Mattison, Samaje Perine, Jeff Wilson, Damien Harris, Kenyan Drake, D'Ernest Johnson, and Darrel Henderson are also set to hit the market. 

• Like 1