NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Carr has lost the locker room, clearly. 

It’s almost as if the players don’t universally hate him like a good portion of the fan base wishes they did 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s pretty obvious they don’t view him as Problem #1 (also unlike a good portion of the fan base).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

It’s almost as if the players don’t universally hate him like a good portion of the fan base wishes they did 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s pretty obvious they don’t view him as Problem #1 (also unlike a good portion of the fan base).

Winning cures all. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Carr has lost the locker room, clearly. 

Looks like a group of guys who were excited to finally win after one of the most embarrassing 3 week stretches in team history.

Oh and Carr was crying last week and probably would've been again this week had it not been for Denver's incompetence, so the guys trying to hype him up. 

12 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Looks like a group of guys who were excited to finally win after one of the most embarrassing 3 week stretches in team history.

Oh and Carr was crying last week and probably would've been again this week had it not been for Denver's incompetence, so the guys trying to hype him up. 

Sooo in other words, Carr crying woke the players up, got them to play harder? 

Like what a leader of a team does? 
LOL truthfully, dont really care to much, I understand regardless of what he does, it was the wrong thing to do in your mind. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I get it a w is a w and it’s a rival but I know ima get roasted but us celebrating that much is kinda sad. This is what we’ve become now…

reminds me of kc saying the raiders/kc games are the super bowl to us but just a reg season game to them.

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Sooo in other words, Carr crying woke the players up, got them to play harder? 

Like what a leader of a team does? 
LOL truthfully, dont really care to much, I understand regardless of what he does, it was the wrong thing to do in your mind. 

I don't think the team played "harder or better" yesterday. We looked like the same mediocre team being carried by our 3 elite players in DA, JJ and Crosby. Just like the rest of our games, the game yesterday came down to our offense with the ball in its hands to win or tie. Luckily they left Jacobs wide open...

And Im just saying its natural to want to celebrate and uplift a guy a week after he was sobbing at the presser. I think Carr is pretty well liked by his teammates. I don't think any of his detractors were trying to paint a narrative that he's hated by them. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

I get it a w is a w and it’s a rival but I know ima get roasted but us celebrating that much is kinda sad. This is what we’ve become now…

reminds me of kc saying the raiders/kc games are the super bowl to us but just a reg season game to them.

It reminded me of when we beat AZ back in 2018 and Carr was amped and fist pumping like he just won a playoff game. Looking back that win costed us a shot at Bosa.

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

"If we had only won 2 or 3 more of those, how different would the narrative be at 5-5 or 6-4?"- True2Form in last post. 

So you ask a question and then tell people to stop yelling their answer to said question because you don't like the answer? Then don't ask it. 

Already addressed this. We know your answer, thanks for repeating yourself.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Been a rough year, these guys are still fighting. If they were just meh, y’all would say they’ve checked out lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

It reminded me of when we beat AZ back in 2018 and Carr was amped and fist pumping like he just won a playoff game. Looking back that win costed us a shot at Bosa.

That was the last week of the season, Raiders ain’t even mathematically eliminated lol 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He was handed a starting role in Guenther's scheme his first two years and did absolutely nothing. Cle has flashes of looking alright but overall he's just not good. 

I don't agree with this. I thought he looked pretty decent his first year for a rookie. Not great or flashy but decent. Plus the whole D was a shambles with Paul Guenther so not going to judge too harshly there. As @NCOUGHMAN said, he lost weight, was moved around and IMO not really given a settled position and strong coaching which obviously is what young players need. We know he's nothing special, but really we haven't even made the most of what we've got. I feel he could still be a solid if unspectacular end that can rotate inside on occasion.

27 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don't agree with this. I thought he looked pretty decent his first year for a rookie. Not great or flashy but decent. Plus the whole D was a shambles with Paul Guenther so not going to judge too harshly there. As @NCOUGHMAN said, he lost weight, was moved around and IMO not really given a settled position and strong coaching which obviously is what young players need. We know he's nothing special, but really we haven't even made the most of what we've got. I feel he could still be a solid if unspectacular end that can rotate inside on occasion.

Ferrell played a ton early on because of his draft status. We've had two defensive coordinators since Guenther that run very different schemes and both guys immediately went after a top tier pass rushing option in free agency to ensure that he wasn't anything more than a role player/rotational guy. I disagree that he hasn't received strong coaching, Rod Marinelli and Gus Bradley are two guys that have built championship caliber defenses. 

The losing weight, moving positions, etc. aren't valid excuses for him. Maxx Crosby was a 4th round pick and he has been able to play well regardless of the scheme that we've used or things that we've asked him to do. Good players find a way to make plays when they're on the field. 

If Ferrell wasn't the former #4 overall pick no one would be talking about him at all, he's unspectacular in all facets. We currently have the worst defensive line in the league and he hasn't been able to seize the opportunity to play a ton because he doesn't produce when he plays either. If he's one of your starters you know that it's going to be a long season, I'll pass on any DL that can't rush the passer.