Week 11 GDT- Colts vs Eagles A Sunday against Saturday.

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's a lot of different variations of fanhood from being a Homer to a Non Beliver. 

I'll go out on a limb and say anything short of a SB ring in 2022, won't change your mind about Jalen Hurts and you continuing to be the latter.  All good though, it's why Opinions are like A$$es , everyone has one. 🍺

And you’d be wrong. I want him extended. 

I was skeptical of him because of how he looked coming into the season, and the terrible process of how he was drafted and how he ended up leading the team. 

I’m happy when the Eagles prove me wrong, but I’m skeptical of them because they tend to disappoint often. Our franchise has an all time losing record, and there’s a reason for that.

PS Fire Howie 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Or it was important to run clock. lol That’s really reaching. Hurts was not the issue. They were effectively making their way into the end zone while running and also making them burn their timeouts. The PI was the biggest play of the drive but it was also a blatant PI on a LB that didn’t belong down the field. It was a good read by the QB, albeit poor throw. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Or it was important to run clock. lol That’s really reaching. Hurts was not the issue. They were effectively making their way into the end zone while running and also making them burn their timeouts. The PI was the biggest play of the drive but it was also a blatant PI on a LB that didn’t belong down the field. It was a good read by the QB, albeit poor throw. 

Yeah I think it’s a weird nitpick but wondering others thoughts on the idea that Siri doesn’t trust Hurts. Although I don’t think the clock was even on their mind (highlighted by them unnecessarily running a play before the 2 minute warning). They simply saw plenty of time to operate offense as normal and did. 

Hurts was bad today no doubt in terms of pocket presence (brutal) and decision making on RPOs, but last few drives he was good.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah I think it’s a weird nitpick but wondering others thoughts on the idea that Siri doesn’t trust Hurts. Although I don’t think the clock was even on their mind (highlighted by them unnecessarily running a play before the 2 minute warning). They simply saw plenty of time to operate offense as normal and did. 

Hurts was bad today no doubt in terms of pocket presence (brutal) and decision making on RPOs, but last few drives he was good.

I feel like he has never been good at reading RPOs or read options, which is weird because it should be something pretty easy to do. 

30 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The offense certainly struggled without Goedart and with a not 100% AJ Brown. 

those are Hurts’ favorite targets, hopefully AJ gets healthier and Hurts/Siranni adjusts with life without Goedart for the next several weeks 

I absolutely believe Goedert being out and Jalen's go to safety net played a factor. As did Stoll and Calcaterra inability to replace that safety net.

I didn't think Hurts played all that bad TBH.  Indys defense is legit. There's a reason they beat the Chiefs while holding them to 17pts!!!

I honestly believe Shane got out coached by Bradley. Call it familiarity,  whatever but Gus had Shane's number most of the game. Only Hurts ability to make a play kept us in it.

Every single drive in the first 1/2 was derailed by Penalties or that bad Kelce snap. If not, we're not discussing a close win the way our Defense played today. We didn't,  we continued to shoot ourselves in the foot for the 3rd straight week.

Hurts was throwing dimes today, we just couldn't sustain offense in the first 1/2 given those setbacks. Hard to get any kind of rhythm when every other play is a Penalty or TO.

I'm sure the amount of snaps our defense (Cox, Hargrave, ect)  took vs WTF played a factor in some way. But I am absolutely amazed at how much both LJ and Suh played today? 

I get being Veteran players but that much? Being that effective? Really impressive job by both. 

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think it is more fair to say Hurts was bad in the second half outside of the last two drives. He looked pretty damn good in the first half, we just got screwed on numerous drives by stupid penalties. In the second half he just looked rattled. No other way to put it. That said, he came around and looked way more composed playing to win the game which is what matters.

He is still a young QB. Struggling like this at times is ok imo as long as he can overcome it like he did today.

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

And you’d be wrong. I want him extended. 

I was skeptical of him because of how he looked coming into the season, and the terrible process of how he was drafted and how he ended up leading the team. 

I’m happy when the Eagles prove me wrong, but I’m skeptical of them because they tend to disappoint often. Our franchise has an all time losing record, and there’s a reason for that.

PS Fire Howie 

Are you aware of our record with Howie at GM?

Are you aware of our record since 2000?

Ya. The Eagles stunk bad before most of us were born or could care about football, but in my lifetime we have been one of the most successful NFL teams.

Pessimism is fine. Expecting us to lose just because we are the Eagles isn't based in reality.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya. The Eagles stunk bad before most of us were born or could care about football, but in my lifetime we have been one of the most successful NFL teams.

Pessimism is fine. Expecting us to lose just because we are the Eagles isn't based in reality.

Didn’t he have a pretty mediocre record entering this season? Specially since his last extension?

11 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

100% . Idrc what they eagles did before I was born. Has no factor in what I've seen since I've been a fan. We've been so so successful and even got that SB trophy in our lifetime. Win win

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

100% . Idrc what they eagles did before I was born. Has no factor in what I've seen since I've been a fan. We've been so so successful and even got that SB trophy in our lifetime. Win win

Really are living totally different fandom lives, any time I complain about a little thing my dad brings up the late 60s to mid 70s.

He’s not all happy or anything himself….The negativity is hardwired in though from that time period. He’ll just turn games off if they are sucking enough. Favorite one was he shut off The Miracles at the Meadowlands II… I had to plug in a TV upstairs to finish it. 

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

The difference from being a Eagles fan or a Cowboys fan in his 30's or under in a nutshell right there folks. 

Young Cowpattie fans everywhere are quick to point out what their Daddy's  Dynasty did when they were in grade school and or sucking on mommy breasts in the early 90's. We got 5 BS! Nothing I despise more really.

Those of you (Dal/Was) in your 40's plus, carry on, boast away I can and have no problem taking it. 

As for Giants fans (yes even gmen) 😎, utmost respect despite how ****ty your team has been this past decade because at least YOU have won two SB since I joined this godforsaken Website. 🍺