Zach Wilson

biggie.

it's kind of sad but the Jets are a solid team and they're wasting it on Wilson. NFL changes so much every season that they might not be good next year. They should be trying to win right now rather than throwing an entire season in the tank just to confirm that Wilson is trash. When you have grown men trying to make money, you'll lose the locker room when you sewer the team for one baby faced bum

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Teams are so desperate to miss out on the “next Mahomes” that any guy with a big arm who can make cool “off platform throws” is getting over-drafted 

Can't remember who was on Rich Eisen's show a couple of weeks ago, but he had called in and started propping some college QB as the "next Mahomes". Think it was a former mostly backup QB that works in the college football media arena mostly now. Anyway that made me roll my eyes. 

Everyone wouldn't shut up about the Bills/Chiefs game last postseason, and the narrative out of that is that unless you have a QB like that you aren't winning in the NFL. Yet neither one made the Super Bowl that year, and it was Burrow and Stafford duking it out. 

Wilson absolutely got over-drafted due to the Mahomes/Allen fable that is getting out of hand. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

It's still early but for all the praise Joe Douglas gets as Jets GM it appears he messed up by taking Wilson over the other choices he had available whether it's Fields or Lance

Pretty confident in saying Fields would be doing more with that Jets roster right now 

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah there's a difference in "my dad was a pro athlete" and "my grandpa ran a steel monopoly". 

I’ve read this entire thread and I’m as pissed as anyone about the game today but you seriously need to get a grip. You’re clearly just pissed off because of the bills performance vs the jets where Wilson arguably outplayed Allen. I’ve lived in Rochester/buffalo my entire life and watch plenty of bills games and when Allen was in year 2 he was garbage and got carried by his defense too. I’m not saying Wilson is a good qb but the fact that you sat on this thread all afternoon and just tore the man to apart is absolutely hilarious. I’ve never seen someone so upset at a division rivals miss on a qb prospect. It’s honestly comical reading everything you’ve said.

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

it's kind of sad but the Jets are a solid team and they're wasting it on Wilson. NFL changes so much every season that they might not be good next year. They should be trying to win right now rather than throwing an entire season in the tank just to confirm that Wilson is trash. When you have grown men trying to make money, you'll lose the locker room when you sewer the team for one baby faced bum

I think the biggest issue is that Wilson seems incredibly immature and completely unlikable. Like, Daniel Jones sucks but seems respected by everyone. Wilson? His coach keeps defending him publicly, but he put up 3 points today...asked whether he let his defense down, says...no. No more.

How tone deaf and entitled do you have to be as an athlete? 

Just one look at him...he screams some privileged little **** who comes from upper middle class to wealthy parents who coddled him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I think the biggest issue is that Wilson seems incredibly immature and completely unlikable. Like, Daniel Jones sucks but seems respected by everyone. Wilson? His coach keeps defending him publicly, but he put up 3 points today...asked whether he let his defense down, says...no. No more.

How tone deaf and entitled do you have to be as an athlete? 

Just one look at him...he screams some privileged little **** who comes from upper middle class to wealthy parents who coddled him.

Special teams let the jets down though.

The offense had them right where they wanted em

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I had no clue of his background, read the last few pages and I'm clearly not the only one making this observation. He apparently does come from big money? 

Grown NFL players aren't going to put up with this and Saleh should know better. He's going to lose his locker room standing by a guy who is never going to amount to anything who has shown next to nothing as a QB. A guy with that much entitlement is not going to put in the work to grow. I can't see it.

Just now, CKSteeler said:
3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I had no clue of his background, read the last few pages and I'm clearly not the only one making this observation. He apparently does come from big money? 

Grown NFL players aren't going to put up with this and Saleh should know better. He's going to lose his locker room standing by a guy who is never going to amount to anything who has shown next to nothing as a QB. A guy with that much entitlement is not going to put in the work to grow. I can't see it.

I should have used green text

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It's still early but for all the praise Joe Douglas gets as Jets GM it appears he messed up by taking Wilson over the other choices he had available whether it's Fields or Lance

Pretty confident in saying Fields would be doing more with that Jets roster right now 

Sadly to say, fields is not that bad

• Like 1