Broncos waive RB Melvin Gordon III; signed by Chiefs to practice squad

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Russell Wilson is still due to make nearly $250mm and he’s still in the roster.

So, this is next to the next best thing.

I just didn't count this because it's not realistic for them to bench him or trade him or waive him.

even if they waived him, who would claim him? The Texans?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Addition by subtraction 

Bro your sig is literally what I mean in other threads when I say Hackett is in over his head. 

Like you can see it!!! Like clear as day man hes overmatched. He doesn't belong in the NFL as a HC right now. Maybe hes a young OC, but it's too much for him as HC. He's not even faking it man he can't hide it. 

Gordon needed to go, but he aint the problem there. I think Russ can be fixed, but it's not going to happen with Hackett. They need to go get Brian Flores and a young mind at OC that can work with Russ. Hackett gotta go just as much as Melvin did. 

10 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I just didn't count this because it's not realistic for them to bench him or trade him or waive him.

even if they waived him, who would claim him? The Texans?

Yeah, amongst others. You underestimate ego of these coaches and FOs - there are at least 10 who think they could “fix” Russ. Many of them feel as if this regression is directly due to Nate Hackett. 

(and they may not be totally wrong).

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, amongst others. You underestimate ego of these coaches and FOs - there are at least 10 who think they could “fix” Russ. Many of them feel as if this regression is directly due to Nate Hackett. 

(and they may not be totally wrong).

Not totally wrong at all but the man sees ghosts and scrambles himself into so many sacks when he has a clean pocket 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not totally wrong at all but the man sees ghosts and scrambles himself into so many sacks when he has a clean pocket 

Oh I totally agree - Russ without Pete Carroll is less DangerRUSS and more DisasteRUSS.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

he didn't look so bad the last few seasons but he was awful this season for them.

still, if this move causes Chase Edmonds to get more touches, oof

Edmonds already got injured...so did Mike Boone...so did Javonte Williams. They are going to be playing Murray/Mack who they brought in off the street. Reminds me of the Ravens RB room a year or two ago.

Either way this was long overdue. Felt like Gordon fumbled 1 out of every 10-15 touches for 3 years.