Week 12: Bengals @ Titans

TitanLegend

I no longer believe we don't have the weapons to be effective passing the ball. 

Between Burks, Woods, Hooper, Chig, Hilliard, Henry and NWI that is an effective enough group to make plays with a competent OC. 

The OL did a decent job pass blocking, even if we protected them.  

We just can no longer keep running Henry into 9 man fronts with blitzing corners and expect to run the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

A step hasn’t been lost 😩🤦🏽‍♂️ This is y’all favorite word man I swear. Do me a favor go back & look at Henry highlights from his so call prime years since he’s on the decline, & tell me what you see. Henry is a long strider he hits his speed once he gets going in the open field. Due to a subpar OL he hasn’t had a lot of room to work with, & defenses are forcing him to  check his feet. Henry isn’t an elusive runner, he’s a down hill guy with a lil finesse to his game, he likes to plant his foot cut explode get down hill. Trust it’s not he lost a step it’s the OL is latch work & not getting to the 2nd level therefore he can’t hit his top speed & get to rolling wit a full head of steam in this case speed 

I agree with this

derrick had ZERO room to run yesterday. Nothing any rb could’ve done 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I agree with this

derrick had ZERO room to run yesterday. Nothing any rb could’ve done 

Agree. 

Henry isn't the problem. Barry Sanders would have had the same result. 

Corners blitzing off the edge untouched. Nobody can gain yards. We are expecting Henry to dodge unblocked guys, then run for a 50 yard run? 

Trade Henry if we want but it won't get better with anyone else. 

Can't even blame Tannehill. Threw for almost 300 yards. He could have had more if he had time. 

There was a pass to Burks that would have been a TD if Daley holds a block longer. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

A step hasn’t been lost 😩🤦🏽‍♂️ This is y’all favorite word man I swear. Do me a favor go back & look at Henry highlights from his so call prime years since he’s on the decline, & tell me what you see. Henry is a long strider he hits his speed once he gets going in the open field. Due to a subpar OL he hasn’t had a lot of room to work with, & defenses are forcing him to  check his feet. Henry isn’t a elusive runner, he’s a down hill guy with a lil finesse to his game, he likes to plant his foot cut explode get down hill. Trust it’s not he lost a step it’s the OL is latch work & not getting to the 2nd level therefore he can’t hit his top speed & get to rolling wit a full head of steam in this case speed 

He’s hit the open field a number of times this year and been caught from behind. Even the fumble yesterday doesn’t happen two years ago because there’s no way Bates gets to him.

I’m not saying Derrick is bad and missed a ton of holes yesterday. I’m saying he’s replaceable. I remember this past offseason when everyone talked about Tannehill’s failures to elevate the offense as the reason he should be replaced.

Derrick has failed most of the season to elevate the run game. He’s getting exactly what’s blocked on most runs, and there have been a number of times where he’s either hesitated or missed a lane. When you pay a RB top dollar, you need more. Given the same number of touches, I’m not convinced there’s a big difference in yardage between what Derrick has given us and what a guy like Foreman could have.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Agree. 

Henry isn't the problem. Barry Sanders would have had the same result. 

Corners blitzing off the edge untouched. Nobody can gain yards. We are expecting Henry to dodge unblocked guys, then run for a 50 yard run? 

Trade Henry if we want but it won't get better with anyone else. 

Can't even blame Tannehill. Threw for almost 300 yards. He could have had more if he had time. 

There was a pass to Burks that would have been a TD if Daley holds a block longer. 

I’m sorry but I’m blaming tanny too, sure the offense is abysmal but he missed a few throws to keep drives a live missed a TD woods & he still tried to force a ball to NWI that could’ve been intercepted. It’s getting to a point where as a game manager he’s not even taking what the defense gives him, because he’s not reading the field 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m sorry but I’m blaming tanny too, sure the offense is abysmal but he missed a few throws to keep drives a live missed a TD woods & he still tried to force a ball to NWI that could’ve been intercepted. It’s getting to a point where as a game manager he’s not even taking what the defense gives him, because he’s not reading the field 

He didn't play perfect, but I wouldn't put him in the reason we lost category.  The line gives him little time to make any real long decisions. It's one second and get rid of it almost. 

I just feel like I've seen enough to think if we had different playcalling, he would be more than effective. It's like we work against him and the whole team with some of our calls. 

We are between a rock and a hard place. As presently constructed on offense, we can't live without the run. It's what this team is built to do. It frees up the pass and stops Tannehill from getting teed off on. We have failed in acquiring the assets on the o line to allow our system to work. Our o line has been awful in the place we need it the most, run blocking, it unlocks everything for us.

Not securing a better left side of the line especially knowing how brittle Lewan has been is malpractice. Brewer should not have been the option at guard. Heck I would have rather just kept Saffold there. The o line should be the HEART of what a Titans offense is. You really can't gameplan around this, I don't care how good Vrabel is or Downing isn't.

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He didn't play perfect, but I wouldn't put him in the reason we lost category.  The line gives him little time to make any real long decisions. It's one second and get rid of it almost. 

I just feel like I've seen enough to think if we had different playcalling, he would be more than effective. It's like we work against him and the whole team with some of our calls. 

Notice the said I’m blaming him too, agreed he’s not solely the reason. But, this the NFL all QB’s not going to have all day to throw, you have to take what the defense gives you, I can show you a QB who was sacked 9x & still got a W. If you have to make excuses for a QB he’s not the guy. The good 1’s overcome adversity & it seems to me for RT to bring a SB to Nashville he needs perfect OL, & a OC that’s good to go along with a HOF RB

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

We are between a rock and a hard place. As presently constructed on offense, we can't live without the run. It's what this team is built to do. It frees up the pass and stops Tannehill from getting teed off on. We have failed in acquiring the assets on the o line to allow our system to work. Our o line has been awful in the place we need it the most, run blocking, it unlocks everything for us.

Not securing a better left side of the line especially knowing how brittle Lewan has been is malpractice. Brewer should not have been the option at guard. Heck I would have rather just kept Saffold there. The o line should be the HEART of what a Titans offense is. You really can't gameplan around this, I don't care how good Vrabel is or Downing isn't.

My favorite post of the day dead a$$ 💪🏽

• Like 1

The point of bringing up Henry isn't that I think other RBs can do a lot better, but we pay him to be a difference maker. He's been a replaceable RB this season, and you shouldn't pay top dollar to any player who is replaceable.

This is 2 years in a row now where Henry is living off of volume, not efficiency.

I love the guy, but he's not worth his contract. That's why I asked if we'd save anything by moving on.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

The point of bringing up Henry isn't that I think other RBs can do a lot better, but we pay him to be a difference maker. He's been a replaceable RB this season, and you shouldn't pay top dollar to any player who is replaceable.

This is 2 years in a row now where Henry is living off of volume, not efficiency.

I love the guy, but he's not worth his contract. That's why I asked if we'd save anything by moving on.

He’s worth his contract far as running the offense we run, because who can carry the load on this team, we a run 1st offense RT isn’t the offense it’s Henry however I agree makes no sense he’s a 2 down back 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Notice the said I’m blaming him too, agreed he’s not solely the reason. But, this the NFL all QB’s not going to have all day to throw, you have to take what the defense gives you, I can show you a QB who was sacked 9x & still got a W. If you have to make excuses for a QB he’s not the guy. The good 1’s overcome adversity & it seems to me for RT to bring a SB to Nashville he needs perfect OL, & a OC that’s good to go along with a HOF RB

Yeah I feel ya. 

I guess I've also come to realize his limitations. He is accurate a lot of the times. But he isn't a top tier "QB" out there. It's a sadness I've just come to accept. 
I mean Burrow was surgical and in total control. 

We just don't have that level of QB or offense. Tanny is just a piece, it isn't his offense to master. 

Lol, I guess I'm like why would I be mad at a baby for crapping his diaper, what else would he know to do?

So why am I gonna blame Tanny. When he I know the top level of what he can do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

But I think I'm saying he is still a difference maker, but all difference makers can't do it alone. I mean its to the point now where he should get no less that 3 screens a game. Cause he pretty much breaks a long run on half of them. 

He still commands so much attention. 
It's up to an OC to know how to use that attention to his advantage.  I loved Foreman, but he isn't/wasn't commanding that type of attention. 
Henry on the field is a difference maker even if he doesn't get the ball. 

And my counter to the volume is that not all RBs can even take that volume of carries. When the Twitter argument is made.. "yeah he is leading league in rushing, he gets the most carries."  Well Chubb, Taylor or insert back here, can't take those carries. They wouldn't last. 
Henry can/ has. 

Mahomes threw for a lot a yards against us but he threw it what almost 60 times.

The clock is ticking with Henry I agree, but i think it's still closer to prime than he is to the end. 

• Like 1