Week 12: Bengals @ Titans

TitanLegend

I give Vrabel alot of praise. And he deserves it. But teams seem to continue to make halftime adjustments against us correctly, and we seemingly often don't. That is not a formula that results in wins. Especially against winning teams. 

I thought maybe we just had to work out some kinks to start winning against winning teams. Idk. Starting to have my doubts that we are a team that can win continuously against winning teams.

Bills routed us, Giants adjusted and beat us, Bengals adjusted in the second half and outmuscled us in our own game. And they did it without probably their best player.

Today was a sobering moment for me with this team. I thought that Lambeau win could be maybe something we built off. But idk, maybe we just beat a heavily banged up, no weapon, down and out Packers team.

Idk man, bummed.

Edited by twotonebluenation

I keep beating this drum, but it is all about our scheme...defenses should not be able to take away everything. I understand lack of talent is also an issue...Daley, Swaim, Hollister...but in today's NFL you have to be able to score, and we can't. That is about poor plays and play calling. 

I wish we would get over this idea that we have to center everything around DH, he needs to be a key piece...but this 80's bash your head against the wall mentality is good for barely beating bad teams.

42 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I keep beating this drum, but it is all about our scheme...defenses should not be able to take away everything. I understand lack of talent is also an issue...Daley, Swaim, Hollister...but in today's NFL you have to be able to score, and we can't. That is about poor plays and play calling. 

I wish we would get over this idea that we have to center everything around DH, he needs to be a key piece...but this 80's bash your head against the wall mentality is good for barely beating bad teams.

For me, it comes down to the fact that we allegedly want to build around Derrick, but under Downing, we frequently straight up refuse to utilize one of the biggest benefits of Derrick, which is drawing linebackers up to the line and hitting PA passes behind them. 

Today it felt like all game was either plowing into stacked boxes or going fully spread out. Our personnel groupings are garbage and so often make things ridiculously predictable.

• Like 1

Downing is a terrible OC, he was awful today as he’s been for the majority of this season

but Cincy just straight up outplayed us today. Came with the juice from the first snap when Perine flattened Long

they beat the crap out of us, our OL got destroyed all game. This was an uncharacteristic loss that I hope we really respond to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Downing is a terrible OC, he was awful today as he’s been for the majority of this season

but Cincy just straight up outplayed us today. Came with the juice from the first snap when Perine flattened Long

they beat the crap out of us, our OL got destroyed all game. This was an uncharacteristic loss that I hope we really respond to.

It’s kind of weird. Because I really did feel like we just played poorly today. Tackled poorly, couldn’t rush the passer, OL was a mess, Derrick never got going, Downing was his usual disaster. Even Vrabel’s call to kick the FG down 7 with six minutes left on 4th and 5 was uncharacteristically terrible.But we’re still a crazy penalty away from having two minutes to tie it up. 

I mostly don’t even know how we had a chance all game with that level of performance from every facet of the team.

it continues to be incredible to me that every competently-run offense on the face of the planet finds ways to get the ball to their playmakers on short, easy passes in space with room to run and we just don't. we hit on a derrick henry screen every so often and that's it. we are 30th in the league in yards after the catch. with guys like chig, woods, hilliard, and especially burks on the roster it's just atrocious. 

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s kind of weird. Because I really did feel like we just played poorly today. Tackled poorly, couldn’t rush the passer, OL was a mess, Derrick never got going, Downing was his usual disaster. Even Vrabel’s call to kick the FG down 7 with six minutes left on 4th and 5 was uncharacteristically terrible.But we’re still a crazy penalty away from having two minutes to tie it up. 

I mostly don’t even know how we had a chance all game with that level of performance from every facet of the team.

Cuz we are a good team that tends to keep our heads above water. This was just a tough loss to take given it was against Cincy and they beat us at our own game. How Vrabel is 0-3 against a total goober like Taylor is beyond me, but Cincy is a mentally tough team stemming from their QB

That said, I feel that with 9/10 losses we can look back and say that we revolved the O around Derrick too much. I know we keep chopping , but it was just so obvious to everyone but Todd that our OL wasn’t up to the run blocking task today. Sucks we kept pounding our heads against a wall

It's these moments where I just know, that these are the moments where you can't miss plays like these in the playoffs. Two guys. These are the plays that matter in beating teams like this in this league. Tannehill is solid, but just ultimately will struggle to get you over that hump. Henry isn't gonna save that *** everytime you go in the red zone. 

We have to see how it plays out. But if Tannehill poos the bed again in the playoffs. May just have to rip the band aid off next off-season.

We could free 50 mill in cap space if you cut Tannehill, Dupree, Woods, Lewan, Cunningham, Bullock, and Jamarco Jones.

I can't help but expect an home playoff game loss. Unless we draw the Jets, Patriots or maybe Chargers, we can't score enough even if our defense plays a dominating game. 
Even today, I think the Bengals were averaging close to 30 points in the last few games we we held them to 20. Most times, you'd think we'd be at least 50% with Redzone TDs. Today we got none. 

We can only hope we get that fixed and able to score TD's. 

As I say that, we still may be able to win a first round game, but will be very difficult. 

7 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

It's these moments where I just know, that these are the moments where you can't miss plays like these in the playoffs. Two guys. These are the plays that matter in beating teams like this in this league. Tannehill is solid, but just ultimately will struggle to get you over that hump. Henry isn't gonna save that *** everytime you go in the red zone. 

We have to see how it plays out. But if Tannehill poos the bed again in the playoffs. May just have to rip the band aid off next off-season.

We could free 50 mill in cap space if you cut Tannehill, Dupree, Woods, Lewan, Cunningham, Bullock, and Jamarco Jones.

More protection he makes that play.
If I recall he was getting squeezed in the pocket and about to get sacked. But still like to see him make that play. 

• Like 1