is Stefon Diggs a top 5 WR in the league?

mdonnelly21

is Stefon Diggs a top 5 WR in the league?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. is Stefon Diggs a top 5 WR in the league?

• Yes
    • No

On 11/23/2022 at 7:01 AM, Ray Reed said:

Imagine how sick I was as a Maryland alum and Ravens fan watching us pass on him 5 times. lol.

Diggs was known to hang with the wrong crowd in the DMV. It was good for him to get out of the area and beat the concerns about him, but they did exist back then. Big part of why he fell.

On 11/23/2022 at 6:55 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would put him above Chase as well in my top 5. I think Chase is more boom or bust (which is ironic because I also feel Diggs is very boom or bust), but they're very close.

Once you get past the obvious top 3 of Hill/Jefferson/Kupp, I think a lot of the next 4-5 guys are interchangeable really.

Adams is absolutely in that group as well. He's cooking #1 corners, most recently Surtain. His worst week was coming off a terrible flu, but he's been elite all year.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:55 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would put him above Chase as well in my top 5. I think Chase is more boom or bust (which is ironic because I also feel Diggs is very boom or bust), but they're very close.

Once you get past the obvious top 3 of Hill/Jefferson/Kupp, I think a lot of the next 4-5 guys are interchangeable really.

Diggs hasn’t been boom or bust for the Bills. For the Vikings he definitely was though. He just gets fed here.

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Chase is getting underrated in this thread.

Who is underrating him? Flaccoseagulls said he's boom or bust, and that's about it. If he was healthy and playing he'd be getting talked about more, but I don't really think anyone is underrating him, just like Hopkins before he got healthy. It's not crazy to think Chase is the 6th or 7th best WR even if he was healthy. League is stocked with studs right now. AJ Brown might not even be in the top 10, and he's a stud #1. That's why it's better to just put these guys in tiers.

Edited by Jeezla

Chase is an elite physical talent but he lacks the super technical nuances that guys like Diggs, Adams, and Kupp have. It’ll probably come in time, but those guys are so specific in every part of their body control when it comes to running their routes and their releases. 

So yeah, my top 5 is probably the same as everyone else’s, with some order of Diggs/Kupp/Hill/JJ/Adams. 6-10 and 11-15 is a lot harder than 1-5.

S Tier (Absolute stud)
Diggs
JJ
Kupp
Adams
Hill
Chase
Hopkins

A+ Tier (Above average #1 WR)
AJ
DK
Lamb
Evans
Waddle
Amari
McLaurin
Deebo
Olave
G Wilson

A tier (Average #1 WR)
Amon-Ra
Aiyuk (I might be higher on him than most)
Pittman
Sutton
DJ
M Williams
Cooks
Lockett
London
Pickens
Dotson (thought he looked really good before getting hurt)

B+ (High end #2 WR/Pseudo #1 WR if you don't have anyone better)
Jeudy
kirk
Diontae
C Samuel
Theilan
Boyd
Marquise
Godwin
JuJu
G Davis
Mooney
DeVonta
Pierce
Treylon
Watson

Doubs

Mostly guessing/projecting with the rooks

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

S Tier (Absolute stud)
Diggs
JJ
Kupp
Adams
Hill
Chase
Hopkins

Not a huge gripe, but AJ Brown is S Tier imo and Waddle should probably already be in that talk as well if he's not already. 

Lets look at Yards Per Route Run for a quick second that better helps guage a receivers productivity.

There is 6 players with above 2.5 YPRR. AJ is 6th. The 5 ahead are St. Brown, Waddle, Jefferson, Diggs, and Hill.

In 2021 his season was kinda derailed a bit by injury, but AJ was still 5th in YPRR with only Kupp, Samuel, Adams, and AB ahead of him.

In 2020 he was 2nd in YPRR only behind Davante Adams and just barely over Justin Jefferson.

I really don't think AJ should be punished cause he's missed a few games here and there with some injuries and played in two of the most run heavy offenses over the last half decade in the Titans with Henry and the Eagles with Hurts and arguably the best OL/OL coach in the league. If AJ went to a bunch of other situations he would be putting up bonkers stats like some of the other "top WRs". To me AJ can drop some dumb easy passes, but dude is a freak of nature and he's elite at beating man coverage like its backed by analytics and the eye test. If you wanna say you need to see a bit more like a good playoff run like Chase last year, then I can understand that, but if AJ isn't elite already he's probably the next one up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 11/26/2022 at 12:18 PM, Duluther said:

I can't jive with the Deebo disrespect (across all platforms). He was the most dominant player in the league last year, bar none. He's still that guy and will be for a good while.

Give me him before anyone else.

While I agree Deebo is dominant at times and a top level talent, he has one game over 100 total yards this year. Which is also crazy since all the injuries to the 49ers backfield, you'd think he would've become more of a weapon. 

I need to see last year for a stretch of time before I take him before anyone else. 

• Like 1