Better Team Right Now? New Orleans V Pitt V Minnesota

mdonnelly21

Better Team  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team Right Now?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • New Orleans Saints

The Vikings are the only team in the NFL that ranks in the top five in both total offensive yards per game (375.7) and defensive yards allowed per game (290.4). 

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Falcons-Numbers-of-Note-Vikings-Reach-Top-5-in-Total-Offense--Defense/4b89b555-9078-460a-b954-17997a7860ae?sf174618367=1

fwiw

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Vikings are the only team in the NFL that ranks in the top five in both total offensive yards per game (375.7) and defensive yards allowed per game (290.4). 

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Falcons-Numbers-of-Note-Vikings-Reach-Top-5-in-Total-Offense--Defense/4b89b555-9078-460a-b954-17997a7860ae?sf174618367=1

fwiw

Philly is the only team in the league to be top 5 in both offensive and defensive DVOA (3rd in offense and 4th in defense)

fwiw

On 11/26/2017 at 8:39 PM, RedRider said:

@Raves

What would you rank the Saints right now? Try and give me a number if you can, tiers (though accurate representations) are cop outs.

I'm not going to bash you if you think they're #6 or if you think they're #1. I'm just looking for perspective on where Saints fans think their team is at, at the moment.

Saints without Lattimore and Crawley are outside the top 5.  Especially with Brees noodle arm.  Brees arm strength has gone up and down lately, and I don't think he's completely out of gas, but he doesn't consistently have it.

A healthy Saints team with Brees on a good day I'd put third in the NFC behind Philly and Minnesota.  If they catch fire I think they can beat anybody, but you can say that about a lot of teams.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Saints without Lattimore and Crawley are outside the top 5.  Especially with Brees noodle arm.  Brees arm strength has gone up and down lately, and I don't think he's completely out of gas, but he doesn't consistently have it.

A healthy Saints team with Brees on a good day I'd put third in the NFC behind Philly and Minnesota.  If they catch fire I think they can beat anybody, but you can say that about a lot of teams.

Just not the Browns... they probably would struggle against UCF... lol

The Vikings entered Sunday’s game ranked No. 1 in the NFL in third-down defense, so it wasn’t a surprise that they were once again solid. But after surrendering just one conversion in 10 Atlanta tries and limiting wide receiver Julio Jones to two catches, Minnesota qualified as downright superb. The Falcons (7-5) were smoking hot before the Vikings (10-2) showed up at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, converting 65.9 percent of their third downs in a three-game winning streak in which they averaged 31.7 points.

Against the Vikings, Atlanta converted its first third down of the game, a 16-yard pass from 2016 NFL MVP Matt Ryan to reserve tight end Levine Toilolo on third-and-6 from the Atlanta 37-yard line. And that was the end of that. Atlanta whiffed on its final nine third-down conversion attempts one week after converting 11 of 14 in a 34-20 victory over Tampa Bay.

The Vikings entered the game allowing a league-low 28.5 percent conversion rate; Sunday’s work dropped that to 27.2.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/03/on-third-down-vikings-defense-had-falcons-right-where-they-wanted-them/

Archived