Better Team Right Now? New Orleans V Pitt V Minnesota

mdonnelly21

Better Team  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team Right Now?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • New Orleans Saints

I think the Saints and Vikings are incredibly neck-and-neck right now. The Saints have a more explosive offense. The Vikings have a more experienced elite defense; the Saints are also playing at an elite level defensively but are relying on less-experienced piece and have not been playing at the same level of consistency.

I think logically you have to give the nod to the Saints' coaching staff in terms of playoff experience, for as much as that is work. I'm going with the Saints but that is a very fluid opinion.

I think the Steelers are the 5th best team currently.

I'll go with Pittsburgh. Most upside and I trust their defense sans the safety position. Yeah they're pedestrian on the road but Philadelphia is on the way to HFA come playoff time. Pittsburgh is still in the drivers seat as the potential top seed in the AFC.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I think the Saints and Vikings are incredibly neck-and-neck right now. The Saints have a more explosive offense. The Vikings have a more experienced elite defense; the Saints are also playing at an elite level defensively but are relying on less-experienced piece and have not been playing at the same level of consistency.

I think logically you have to give the nod to the Saints' coaching staff in terms of playoff experience, for as much as that is work.

I think the Steelers are the 5th best team currently.

You talk a lot about defensive prowess for both Vikings and Saints, yet fail to acknowledge that Pittsburgh has a better defensive DVOA, better yardage stats and better scoring stats. The Offense is underperforming, but not far behind the Vikings still in scoring offense (NO has been better, but Pittsburgh has the most potential if they hit their stride).

Steelers are playing better defense than expected, as are the Saints. The Vikings are playing better offense than expected. The Steelers offense as a unit could improve more than any unit on the other teams so they have the greatest potential probably. Whether they realize it or not is questionable. Until they do realize it I'd go with the Saints because they have the best offense of the three right now while being in the same ballpark as the other two teams defensively.

Archived