mdonnelly21

Better Team  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team Right Now?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • New Orleans Saints

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

You could also say the Lions were only in the game because of some terrible calls by the guys in Zebra costumes.

That wasn't the greatest officated game in league history but you can't deny Stafford looked terrible even when your defense wasn't in his face.  

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

That wasn't the greatest officated game in league history but you can't deny Stafford looked terrible even when your defense wasn't in his face.  

Not surprised. He never comes through when the pressure is on. Throws for a alot of yards and attempts alot of passes but hes never been a qb that can put a team on his back and win.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

The Vikes won yesterday only because Stafford was really off on several of his passes all day long and it got worse after his ankle got rolled.  Some of Matt's passes were horrendous and it wasn't always because of any extreme pressure by MN's D.  Of course it is hard to win divisional games on the road.

Minnesota responded when they needed to. We let our foot off the pedal against them (which is a terrible idea) but did enough to win.

Its not like we were totally helpless.

Anyways, Minnesota will continue to be underrated and that's fine by me. Let the media talk about their golden boys..

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Not surprised. He never comes through when the pressure is on. Throws for a alot of yards and attempts alot of passes but hes never been a qb that can put a team on his back and win.

Yes, I was mildly surprised Detroit gave him that big a contract.  I guess it goes to show what a team will do when they find a functioning QB even if they aren't elite.

Just now, Pugger said:

Yes, I was mildly surprised Detroit gave him that big a contract.  I guess it goes to show what a team will do when they find a functioning QB even if they aren't elite.

True. Bradford is making 20 million this season.

4 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

No one really knows what the players make. Probably much less then the bloated  numbers that sound cool in print. They'l never tell the truth. They don't need to.

Could be 10 million for all we know.

Yeah the numbers are made up. 

2 minutes ago, RedRider said:

The game doesn't count, New Orleans had injuries. We have to wait until they're 100% healthy until we can move them down.

I don't understand what you're arguing? Why wouldn't you judge a team at its best? Its different when guys are on IR (Bradford, Okafor) but you can obviously assume the Saints team will be much better with a healthy Terron Armstead, AJ Klein, Kenny Vaccaro, Marcus Lattimore and Ken Crawley...

Just like if the Vikings lost Thielen and Diggs for a few weeks, I wouldn't judge the Vikings offense as bottom of the barrel if they couldn't score points...

26 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't understand what you're arguing? Why wouldn't you judge a team at its best? Its different when guys are on IR (Bradford, Okafor) but you can obviously assume the Saints team will be much better with a healthy Terron Armstead, AJ Klein, Kenny Vaccaro, Marcus Lattimore and Ken Crawley...

Just like if the Vikings lost Thielen and Diggs for a few weeks, I wouldn't judge the Vikings offense as bottom of the barrel if they couldn't score points...

Because football is not about hypotheticals. It's not, "who's best if everyone is healthy?" Injuries are a part of the game and creating good depth is a part of the game. Every team has had just as much injury troubles as NO. No other teams' fans keep using this as a reasoning to not move their team down in rankings. This is the second week now that we've heard this.

Archived