mdonnelly21

Better Team  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team Right Now?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • New Orleans Saints

1 hour ago, mdonnelly21 said:

It is interesting how Minny dominated the Rams and get underrated.

"The Viking defense held the Rams’ top-ranked offense — which had posted 117 points the previous three games — to seven points and less than 200 yards of total offense in the first 50 minutes of the game.  Running back Todd Gurley managed only 37 yards on 15 carries, with none of his runs covering more than 8 yards."

Vikings beat the Saints this year too.

Just now, vike daddy said:

"The Viking defense held the Rams’ top-ranked offense — which had posted 117 points the previous three games — to seven points and less than 200 yards of total offense in the first 50 minutes of the game. Running back Todd Gurley managed only 37 yards on 15 carries, with none of his runs covering more than 8 yards."

Vikings beat the Saints this year too.

I think people are so cold on the vikings because of their QB situation. hard to buy in on case keenum. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I think people are so cold on the vikings because of their QB situation. hard to buy in on case keenum. 

yep. fine by us.

i don't follow PITT so i can't say anything about them, but the Vikings are healthy, disciplined, and playing fine ball.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

He didn't say for how long they dominated them, maybe he was just referring to the 4th quarter.

I mean, the Rams came into the game with the highest scoring offense in the NFL, I believe.  They scored on the first drive of the game, if I'm not mistaken.  That means the Rams were literally held without points except for the first drive of the game.  Yes, I understand the Rams turned the ball over and threw away some scoring opportunities... but they didn't score.  To hold the highest scoring offense to 7 points is pretty dominating.

Vikings are really good.  This is the same thing I said about the Jaguars a few days ago - their defense is great, but the quarterback scares me.  Keenum is playing more than fine, but it's still Case Keenum.  In the postseason, QB play shines much more.  It's arguably the most important position in all of sports.  Because of that, I have to go with the Saints, even though I think the Vikings really are a fantastic team.  Drew Brees is just... Drew Brees.

Something to note, Vikings on road lost to Pitts. That was on short week 2, and Case was emergency backup cuz everyone thought Bradford was playing. Case might have had 1 practice with the first team offense that week since training camp?. Also the play calling that game was using pro-Bradford plays, so it's taken some more time to integrate pro-Case plays that give him options to use his mobility to run our extend plays.

So we're running a complete pro-Case offense package now and Case obviously has the timing down with his OL, TE and WRs now, so I think Minny would welcome a rematch in Feb

Considering the Steelers and Vikings are tied for 27th when it comes to strength of schedule, and the Saints are 15th, points scored vs. points allowed, and the guy behind center, I give the nod to the Saints.

Right now the only thing keeping me from strongly saying Saints "hands down" is their current injuries on defense.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Considering the Steelers and Vikings are tied for 27th when it comes to strength of schedule, and the Saints are 15th, points scored vs. points allowed, and the guy behind center, I give the nod to the Saints.

Right now the only thing keeping me from strongly saying Saints "hands down" is their current injuries on defense.

That's not how strength of schedule is calculated. Your using 2016 records of opponents. What counts is using 2017 records for strength of schedule.

I didn't calculate all the teams but thus far thru 10 games.

Minny = 0.500 

Philly = 0.400

Saints = 0.540

(Strength of schedule looks to be the tiebreaker between Minny & Philly, whereas Minny has the tiebreaker over Saints and Rams by way of H2H wins)

8 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I’d take Pitt if I had to pick one. I think the Rams should be lumped in with these three. All 4 of them probably come down to the wire assuming everyone is healthy (they never are).

After losing by 17 to the Vikes though!? 

But we will see watch them go beat the Saints now haha. 

Pittsburgh, and I feel they have quite a cushion over the other two. 

Then Minnesota, again with some cushion over New Orleans.

I really like the Rams, but they're far too green to do much this year. It's like they're a souped up stick-shift Bugatti Super Sport, but their young driver is just learning stick.

Archived