mdonnelly21

Better Team  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team Right Now?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • New Orleans Saints

1 hour ago, Nzd07 said:

In the Skins game we didn't have griffin. The D underperformed today but that was probably the worst I've seen Rhodes play in 2 years. I expect that to be an outlier.  

We'll see how the saints perform against the rams.

Yeah I hear ya missing Lattimore, Vaccaro, Klein, and Okafor made things tough against the Skins last week

15 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Considering the Steelers and Vikings are tied for 27th when it comes to strength of schedule, and the Saints are 15th, points scored vs. points allowed, and the guy behind center, I give the nod to the Saints.

Right now the only thing keeping me from strongly saying Saints "hands down" is their current injuries on defense.

Considering the Vikings and Steelers don't even have the same SoS I question where you got your statistics. Because they're 21st and 22nd respectively. Not great but certainly not tied for 27th. Coincidentally, they're also Top 10 in SoV so there's that too.

As for the question itself... I don't really care. My opinion on the matter is biased and means jack ish. However, I could see the Vikings and Saints coming out of the NFC though I have the Saints as my most feared team in the NFC just because they have the only QB I trust entering the post-season in the NFC other than Cam and Matt Ryan but even then I have questions about those two.

59 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Considering the Vikings and Steelers don't even have the same SoS I question where you got your statistics. Because they're 21st and 22nd respectively. Not great but certainly not tied for 27th. Coincidentally, they're also Top 10 in SoV so there's that too.

Not sure if these stats from the "Second Best Team" thread are correct but we do have these from RMiB

On 11/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Overview of the teams with 7+ wins

MOV- margin of victory, (points for - points allowed/games)

DVOA- defensive value over average, FO's proprietary mother of all stats, more here

SOV- SOS thus far, but only looking at teams they actually beat.

• Eagles 9-1
    • MOV: 13.2
    • DVOA: 34.5%
    • SOV: .420
    • Ls: by 7 at KC (1-0 ---> 6-4)

• Patriots 8-2
    • MOV: 8.7
    • DVOA: 17.5%
    • SOV: .514
    • Ls: by 15 vs KC (0-0 ---> 6-4), by 3 vs Panthers (2-1 ---> 7-3)

• Vikings 8-2
    • MOV: 6.9
    • DVOA: 26.0%
    • SOV: .500
    • Ls: by 17 at Steelers (1-0 ---> 8-2), by 7 vs Lions (2-1 ---> 6-4)

• Saints 8-2
    • MOV: 10.6
    • DVOA: 32.5%
    • SOV: .528
    • Ls: by 10 at Vikings (0-0 ---> 8-2), by 16 vs Patriots (0-1 ---> 8-2)

• Steelers 8-2
    • MOV: 6.2
    • DVOA: 30.4%
    • SOV: .528
    • Ls: OT at Bears (0-2 ---> 3-7), by 21 vs Jags (2-2 ---> 7-3)

• Rams 7-3
    • MOV: 6.9
    • DVOA: 31.1%
    • SOV: .413
    • Ls: by 7 vs Skins (0-1 ---> 4-6), by 6 vs Seahawks (2-2 ---> 6-4), by 17 at Vikings (7-2 ---> 8-2)

• Jaguars 7-3
    • MOV: 10.4
    • DVOA: 16.3%
    • SOV: .444
    • Ls: by 21 vs Titans (0-1 ---> 6-4), OT at Jets (1-2 ---> 4-6), by 10 vs Rams (3-2 ---> 7-3)

• Panthers 7-3
    • MOV: 3.3
    • DVOA: 14.9%
    • SOV: .557
    • Ls: by 21 vs Saints (0-2 ---> 8-2), by 5 vs Eagles (4-1 ---> 9-1), by 14 at Bears (2-4 ---> 3-7)

This shows that the Saints have the same SoV as the Steelers (both better than the Vikings), but better MOV as well as DVOA than either team.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Not sure if these stats from the "Second Best Team" thread are correct but we do have these from RMiB

This shows that the Saints have the same SoV as the Steelers (both better than the Vikings), but better MOV as well as DVOA than either team.

The MOV for the Rams is not even remotely accurate.

10 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Yeah, I discovered after the post that I was using preseason stats. Went into the season tied at 27th. My bad.

18 hours ago, Raves said:

Whats with that horrible Vikings defense giving up 23 points to the Lions when they weren't even up by 4+ TDs to start playing prevent?

The Vikes won yesterday only because Stafford was really off on several of his passes all day long and it got worse after his ankle got rolled.  Some of Matt's passes were horrendous and it wasn't always because of any extreme pressure by MN's D.  Of course it is hard to win divisional games on the road.

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also Adam Theilen. Where did that guy come from? 

a place of intense dedication, focus, and desire. grew up wanting to be a Minnesota Viking. a walk on at a training camp one summer who earned his dues on special teams.

Thielen: “I think when I’m done playing, I’ll be able to look back at statistical things [in my career]. But right now, it’s too fun to keep winning, and it doesn’t really matter.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/23/teammates-laud-adam-thielen-after-becoming-first-viking-with-1000-receiving-yards-since-2009/

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

The Vikes won yesterday only because Stafford was really off on several of his passes all day long and it got worse after his ankle got rolled.  Some of Matt's passes were horrendous and it wasn't always because of any extreme pressure by MN's D.  Of course it is hard to win divisional games on the road.

You could also say the Lions were only in the game because of some terrible calls by the guys in Zebra costumes.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

a place of intense dedication, focus, and desire. grew up wanting to be a Minnesota Viking. a walk on at a training camp one summer who earned his dues on special teams.

Thielen: “I think when I’m done playing, I’ll be able to look back at statistical things [in my career]. But right now, it’s too fun to keep winning, and it doesn’t really matter.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/23/teammates-laud-adam-thielen-after-becoming-first-viking-with-1000-receiving-yards-since-2009/

He's the real 'Invincible'

Archived