QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Show starts at 12 e/t but AR comes on at 1 e/t

Oh okay so he’s on at 1 for sure? 

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

BTW, isn't the McAfee show at 1 PM EST?

I live in the Uk my friend so I think we are four hours ahead of you for now so I thought 12pm your time?!?!!

Okay, the Jets catapult themselves into the playoff conversation with AR, and perhaps further. I'm still a fan of Zach Wilson. I know, I know, he's fallen from grace with many of my compadres when it comes to his future.

But now, and hopefully for the next 2 years he can sit behind one of the better QB's to play in the game and learn. He and AR are close, AR thinks he has the talent to be special as well as countless others.

Granted he has his critics and rightfully so, but at the same time as they say "you can see the talent". I believe Saleh is right, some guys the light turns on faster while others take time.

Gino Smith is a prime example, and to be fair much of the blame must go on the dysfunctional Jets organization up until the arrival of Joe Douglas.

JD for all his mistakes has made some great moves as well. In 2022 JD and cast of unknowns and un named associates pulled off one of the greatest draft hauls in NFL history.

So now Zach sits, carries the clip board, learns the position the right way, sits under one of the most successful OC in Hackett that produced 2 MVP seasons with AR. 

If the kid fails, well its on him, and on JD. Drafting a QB is always a crapshoot. The Jets have had their opportunities. Many were high on Mahomes, Watson, and even had Zach Prescott in for a look see before he was drafted. Why even Russel Wilson was high on one of the Jets scouts list.

So much so that he was laughed at in the Jets organization when he kept speaking of Wilsons talent.

No one listened, the Jets passed on them all.

So lets hope the Jets are not blowing smoke in our faces and truly believe the kids career can be salvaged and that the talent he possesses can one day be realized.

Meanwhile the Jets have taken the position that as far as ZW is concerned they are willing to wait, get Hacketts evaluation, sit under Hacketts tutorship, and AR's technic. Then see if he has what it takes to be the Jets QB of the future.