QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

16 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’d be hilarious for the Jets brass to fly across the country and Rodgers needs more time to “think about it”. If they leave without a deal or agreement, it’s over.

I wouldn’t find that hilarious at all

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is what worries me. Green Bay is okay with moving on from Rodgers or letting him play for them. If they don't get what they want they have zero incentive to just give him away for anything less. 

Do you think if the Jets pull this off, your team still drafts a QB, or keeps Mike White, that they'll put Wilson on the practice squad? Maybe trade him to Green Bay?!?

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is what worries me. Green Bay is okay with moving on from Rodgers or letting him play for them. If they don't get what they want they have zero incentive to just give him away for anything less. 

If they aren't moving Rodgers they have to make a tough decision with Jordan Love.  It makes more sense to move Rodgers even if it is for a little less than they thought they would get.  

My thoughts; 

Pros; 

- Top 10 qb for possibly two years 

- Would elevate the young playmakers we have; Wilson, Moore, Hall etc

- Makes us a much more complete team and not over reliant on the defense. 

- Gives Zach two years to learn from his idol and puts us in a position to revisit him coming back as our franchise qb when AR retires. 

- Makes us much more favourable for free agents and guys chasing a ring. 

Cons;

- Draft capital it will take. Although I don’t feel it will be crippling it could very well include #13 this year. 

- His contract is expensive (deservedly so I might add!) so that would take some manoeuvring in future years. 

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Is Douglas really picking up the 5th year option after Zach sits two years?

I doubt it. Especially since he’d have to decide next off-season. We likely aren’t picking up Bectons and at least he had a season of good film. Wilson has 2 season of poor film. And Wilson won’t be cheap.

Really hoping we have a decision by the end of the day today. My anxiety can’t take it much longer.

Plus we have to know what our game plan is if he doesn’t want us. Can’t let that last until the weekend with little to no time to game plan for FA.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

According to Rotoworld, several QB needy teams will NOT be pursuing Lamar.  I wonder why?

No owners besides the idiotic CLE owner and GM will give any player a fully guaranteed deal. BAL played this perfect to prove their point. And if their smart they actually lower the last offer they gave him. Bc now they have the leverage to say.... look how many teams wanted to give you that deal you thought you deserved. 0. So now our offer is 15% less. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

And if their smart they actually lower the last offer they gave him.

On the inside, they are thinking that.  Being vindictive rarely works well in professional sports.  Everyone will know the Ravens were right and Lamar lost the gamble.  DeCosta should just smile and offer the previous deal.  But I'd make Lamar bring his own pen.  Can't be too nice.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Is Douglas really picking up the 5th year option after Zach sits two years?

Possibly if Jets still believe in him.  He didn't play well enough to rise $ in last two year and could sit out on 3rd year.  Those make 5th year charge cheap.