QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Although both us and GB are in a very similar position in regards to waiting on a decision the fact is we owe AR sweet **** all. 

He’s done all the winning in GB, won mvps and a superbowl. So that’s a relationship which has to be handled delicately. 

We on the other hand can’t be held to ransom and miss out on Lamar or Jimmy G when AR hasn’t even played a snap for us. 

Sounds like the deal is already in place.  Just got to cross the i's and dot the t's.  Or is it cross the t's and dot the i's.  Aaron Rodgers is better than Jimmy G.  Lamar you can forget about it.  He's really not available.  Even if offered a massive contract Ravens will just match.  Don't expect too much action on that front. 

If the Jets do indeed get Aaron Rodgers I'd expect at least a divisional round appearance.  He's that good.  Played with a broken thumb and new weapons.  Offensive line was an issue early in the season as well.  Perfect storm for a bad season. He can still play at a high level for few more years yet.

I'm a die hard Packer fan.  Just came over here to see what you were all thinking.  Aaron Rodgers is my all time favorite Packer.  Cool, smart dude.  Funny too.  People love to hate on him but I've followed him throughout his career.  Use to listen to his radio show.  Tuesday's with Aaron and now McAfee.  He's a good dude who will return the Jets to relevance immediately.  

I'd be pretty damn excited about the prospect of landing him if I were a Jets fan.  Packers need to turn the page because we don't have the horses or cap space to run it back again.  Team is maxed out.  Time to pay the piper for running it back the last couple of seasons.  The Packers are screwed no point in bring Rodgers back if won't be in contention.  Thus time to turn the page. We need to rebuild. 

Hope the deal gets done.  Would love to see what Rodgers could do on the Jets.  Hope if this happens Jets will get several prime time appearances so I can still watch him play.  

Edited by Scoremore

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One source said the deal is in place

Another said nothing is agreed to

I hate this. 

AR's going back to GB, Jimmy G's heading to LV, Lamar's staying in BLT and Baker Mayfield's.....coming to MetLIfe :)

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Can’t tell if the Jets FO staying quiet is bc they’ve been told to please stay quiet. Or bc they know nothing

Honestly, Rodgers is a weird dude, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Packers' FO told them to keep their mouth shut until Rodgers made a decision.  LIS, I don't think the Packers would have allowed the Jets to talk to Rodgers if they didn't have a framework for a trade lined up.  Maybe not officially agreed to, but framework(s) based on a number of factors.  Either that, or Rodgers already told the Packers he was planning on retiring and they were allowing the Jets to persuade him out of retirement so they could get some compensation in return for him.  The latter seems least likely.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, Rodgers is a weird dude, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Packers' FO told them to keep their mouth shut until Rodgers made a decision.  LIS, I don't think the Packers would have allowed the Jets to talk to Rodgers if they didn't have a framework for a trade lined up.  Maybe not officially agreed to, but framework(s) based on a number of factors.  Either that, or Rodgers already told the Packers he was planning on retiring and they were allowing the Jets to persuade him out of retirement so they could get some compensation in return for him.  The latter seems least likely.

Originally, I believed your latter scenario to be very much possible. After listening to Murphy’s recent interview however, that does not seem to be the case. Unless it’s some elite level posturing, but I doubt it.

Thank you for your continued posts in here by the way. You have provided awesome insight/perspective to the situation, much appreciated. Got me to post on this forum for the first time in years.

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Originally, I believed your latter scenario to be very much possible. After listening to Murphy’s recent interview however, that does not seem to be the case. Unless it’s some elite level posturing, but I doubt it.

Thank you for your continued posts in here by the way. You have provided awesome insight/perspective to the situation, much appreciated. Got me to post on this forum for the first time in years.

Welcome back.  I mean, it's certainly possible that Murphy has the loosest lips in the NFL, but that doesn't seem likely.  The timing of the entire thing doesn't make sense to me IMO.  I generally subscribe to the most likely scenario is the most likely scenario, and I think it's unlikely that the Packers are really that desperate for picks that they'd want to eat more dead cap by trading him than letting him retire.  The compensation would need to be pretty substantial to do that IMO.  Not just a few Day 3 picks.

Based on Murphy's comments, the Packers have already told Rodgers they're moving onto Jordan Love.  At this point, it's up to Aaron to decide if he wants to retire or go play for another team (i.e. the Jets).  And I don't think Rodgers would have met with the Jets unless he was genuinely intrigued.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Can’t tell if the Jets FO staying quiet is bc they’ve been told to please stay quiet. Or bc they know nothing

JD has a history of keeping all the Jets do close to the vest.,surprise FA signings, draft picks, trades.

I can't help but believe the parameters of a trade and compensation is already in place AR is a flake, but the window is closing fast. Monday is coming fast, and the Jets need to be on the good foot.

AR could wind up staying in GB and letting everyone know this will be his last year, taking the money and pulling the rug out from everyones legs. 

GB holding the bag, the Jets with egg on their face, and AR at peace with it all. LOL