QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

30 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is quite possible that JD knows what Rodgers will be doing.  Even if he does not, JD will already have plan B in place whatever that is.  It will be a disappointment for many if Rodgers spurns us, but I trust we will still have a better QB under center when the season begins.  Whoever it is, they just need to be here long enough so we can draft and develop our own QB.

I'll go a step further and say JD 100% knows what Rodgers will be doing. Maybe not, but it's hard to believe either side would let this drag out into FA... just doesn't make much sense, unless there's another team in the mix (doubtful). 

35 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is quite possible that JD knows what Rodgers will be doing.  Even if he does not, JD will already have plan B in place whatever that is.  It will be a disappointment for many if Rodgers spurns us, but I trust we will still have a better QB under center when the season begins.  Whoever it is, they just need to be here long enough so we can draft and develop our own QB.

But let's even say JD knows Rodgers is coming. You think a FA like let's say OBJ (sub in any FA you wish here) is buying the GM just "telling" him that? When they turn on ESPN or any sport channel and all they hear is how he hasn't made a decision yet. The FA will think it's BS just top get them there.

I also find it very hard to believe that Rodgers has made a decision and has just asked his camp and the Jets camp to stay quiet on it. There would be some leek there. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I also find it very hard to believe that Rodgers has made a decision and has just asked his camp and the Jets camp to stay quiet on it. There would be some leek there. 

Possible but there may have been leaks that were quickly followed by anti-leaks.  We've seen the "done deal" articles followed by "ain't true" articles.  No one which is real if any of them are.  The point is that it may have leaked but was washed out by all the other BS.

Regardless, if JD knows or doesn't know,  plan B is already in place and he will act upon that starting today.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Possible but there may have been leaks that were quickly followed by anti-leaks.  We've seen the "done deal" articles followed by "ain't true" articles.  No one which is real if any of them are.  The point is that it may have leaked but was washed out by all the other BS.

Regardless, if JD knows or doesn't know,  plan B is already in place and he will act upon that starting today.

No doubt there's a pan B. But with no QB we're a really hard sell to any FA. 

6 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Yeah, has to happen today or you can stick a fork in it. Maybe trade for Love instead... haha. Wilson for Love straight up (and late round picks). They can't possibly keep Love if Rogers comes back. It's  a Farve situation in reverse.

My deadline would be noon today east coast time. I would move on from Rodgers after that point. I would look at Baker Mayfield. He would be my next guy up. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

My deadline would be noon today east coast time. I would move on from Rodgers after that point. I would look at Baker Mayfield. He would be my next guy up. 

Yeah deadline is noon. Got to be! Baker looks like he’s going to Tampa .

7 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Yeah deadline is noon. Got to be! Baker looks like he’s going to Tampa .

I think he would jump on New York more than Tampa. They have Trask and the team is getting older with no big young superstars on the team. I think most FA QB's want the Jets job. The jets really messed up with the Carr thing. I would have told Rodgers you have until this day. Then move to Carr and leave Rodgers behind. Rodgers is not even a Jet yet and I already hate him for this BS stuff. Just say if you want to go or not. 

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think he would jump on New York more than Tampa. They have Trask and the team is getting older with no big young superstars on the team. I think most FA QB's want the Jets job. The jets really messed up with the Carr thing. I would have told Rodgers you have until this day. Then move to Carr and leave Rodgers behind. Rodgers is not even a Jet yet and I already hate him for this BS stuff. Just say if you want to go or not. 

Yeah I mean remember when we thought the darkness retreat would coincide with dereks visit and then we would know one way or another.

How the **** are we 1 hour away and yet still don’t know what’s going on?! This is madness.  

• Like 1

Just now, ekill08x said:

If what's being reported is true, that both the Packers and Jets still don't know what he wants to do, just should absolutely make it public that they are interested in another QB and look to find one. 

Yeah if it’s true then we have to. But the emotional damage this saga has gone will be worthless if we don’t get AR. 

He said he doesn't want to hold teams hostage so I assume that means his decision is coming before noon.  If not he's a blatant liar because that's exactly what he's doing if he lets that deadline pass.

Didn't think he'd drag it to the last min but I guess so.  I didn't realize how much of an ego manic he really was until now.  Thought that stuff was a bit overblown but does anyone seriously believe he hasn't known what he wants for awhile now?  Go give Lamar a big deal and move on if he drags it out past noon.