Maxx Fricken Crosby

RaidersAreOne

53 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m pissed Crosby costing us Harbaugh. We going suck for the next 2 years. Chargers doing everything we should have, tanked and signed Harbaugh 

When did the Chargers sign Harbaugh? 🤔 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:45 AM, raidr4life said:

When did the Chargers sign Harbaugh? 🤔 

That's just what it is looking like.  I don't even know if Crosby is the main reason why we might be signing AP.  Maybe AP is just that good.  If he works out like the Lions HC then we definitely made the right choice.  Only time will tell.  Even if AP doesn't work out, there are always OCs that are available every offseason that will probably be great HC candidates.  We just have to hit on the right one once.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:58 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I’ll rather have Ben Johnson, Frank Smith, Dan Quinn, Joe Brady…. We smoke cigars after missing the playoffs. I’m sorry but it’s cringe. It’s a gimmick. Yell out Raiders and quote Al Davis and the fanbase will love you. Vikings, Colts ….. we stood no shot. 

Feels like we are trying to paint Crosby as the bad guy here. He sees the team improved and he wants continuity. We were a good team with Pierce as head coach and we probably would have made the playoffs if it were him at the beginning of the season. Don't you agree?

Harbaugh means another restructure/rebuild of roster... that's the message players on the current roster would get if we signed him. Players rally behind Pierce and his energy. I don't fault Crosby for supporting his guy. I truly think we just need a good OC and better QB but maybe I'm in the minority here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Feels like we are trying to paint Crosby as the bad guy here. He sees the team improved and he wants continuity. We were a good team with Pierce as head coach and we probably would have made the playoffs if it were him at the beginning of the season. Don't you agree?

Harbaugh means another restructure/rebuild of roster... that's the message players on the current roster would get if we signed him. Players rally behind Pierce and his energy. I don't fault Crosby for supporting his guy. I truly think we just need a good OC and better QB but maybe I'm in the minority here.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that, but allowing the keep-my-preferred-HC-or-I'm-out type of attitude (assuming it hasn't been blown out of proportion) to dictate terms is setting a very bad precedent. 

On 1/17/2024 at 7:11 AM, RaidersForever said:

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that, but allowing the keep-my-preferred-HC-or-I'm-out type of attitude (assuming it hasn't been blown out of proportion) to dictate terms is setting a very bad precedent. 

That’s not even what he said basically said “all thing are on the table” imo means he’ll play his contract out but after that…

you gotta keep your players happy that’s how you get hometown deals or you can just keep a rotating door of players.

mark fumbled the hc thing 4 yrs now maybe this time listen to other advice especially from your foundational players

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

What? Has he had an op on his knee or something?? 

Knee and thumb.  I thought I had heard they were doing them both back to back but I guess not. 

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hard to argue against Watt here. Give him another 150 snaps to match Maxx, he breaks the single season sack record. 

Just glad we drafted Conley that year to lock down one side of the..... ooh wait!

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hopefully they consider his tackles, stops, and TFLs.  They should mean something, and he ran away with those 3 stats.

Crosby's sacks+TFLs = 37.5

Watt's sacks+TFLs = 38

Then you consider the fact that he had 22 more tackles and 9 more stops.

Hopefully they consider everything and not just sacks, even though he is 2nd amongst those 4.