Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3- Trailer released

Acgott

Didn’t think we’d be getting the uniforms in this one, makes sense if this is the most “teamy” version we’re gonna get of them.

Looks like it’s gonna be a sad one for sure.

Felt the same in the holiday special, not a huge fan of the Groot design they went with. But a minor thing.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t feel like this is going to end well. Not sure I’m ready to be broken by another MCU movie. 

Yeah it’s not even a matter of if, just who and how many.

Curious if they subvert things with Drax, since everyone expects it to be him.

• Like 1

I never really got into any Adam Warlock storylines in the comics as a kid, so I don't have too many preconceived notions of what I expected, but I agree he seems just a tad bit "off".  Not a big deal though.  Definitely looks like Gunn is trying to kick the audience right in the feels with this one.

Oooof, I am not going to emotionally make it through this

I also question that assertion from the random internet person, will Disney actually try to have someone else pick up this Guardians torch? Especially if a large chunk of them are gone? Like I assume some of them will be around for later Avengers movies, possibly appearances in other Space based stories, but not sure they should go back to the Guardians well

My first guess for who will be gone is Rocket, Drax and possibly Mantis and Kraglin.

Similarly to Wanda, I could see them spinning Star Lord into a villian for somebody, especially if the grief taps into his Ego powers again, and he has control of Knowhere. Possibly something for Nova to tackle?

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Oooof, I am not going to emotionally make it through this

I also question that assertion from the random internet person, will Disney actually try to have someone else pick up this Guardians torch? Especially if a large chunk of them are gone? Like I assume some of them will be around for later Avengers movies, possibly appearances in other Space based stories, but not sure they should go back to the Guardians well

My first guess for who will be gone is Rocket, Drax and possibly Mantis and Kraglin.

Similarly to Wanda, I could see them spinning Star Lord into a villian for somebody, especially if the grief taps into his Ego powers again, and he has control of Knowhere. Possibly something for Nova to tackle?

It doesn’t seem super clear where Cosmic MCU is going. GotG3 won’t even give us the final answers because we don’t know who’s surviving Kang Dynasty & Secret Wars, and what the universe looks like after that.

We know Nova is in the works, speculation is it’s a special or a series. Some rumors of the same for Silver Surfer. Eternals sequel is in limbo.

I could see them maybe adapt Annihilation / Conquest in phase at some point in the next couple phases 7-9. This time instead of the story leading to the GotG we know coming together, it’s them getting back together. Final hurrah sorta thing.

If the Fantastic Four were stuck in the negative zone since the 60s, which Some think is the way they are going. Then Annihilus leading the Annihilation Wave (it’s like a huge armada of warships) through from a crack they left when leaving would fit. It’s not too hard to augment that storyline to make it GotG remnants, Fantastic 4, Nova, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, etc.

Conquest, the follow-up plays right off of the weakened state of the Galaxy after Annihilation. There is a techo race that is sliding in to sériese power, bunch of other stuff happens in the build up…but the leader of that army ends up being Ultron. One of his drones made it out to space and he took over. It’s a cool off world Ultron story. Would be fun to see Spader come back, not as a quippy Tony type…but a godking leading a space army. I think you need to plus it up if you are doing a two parter and escalate it more. Like basically they barely survive and need reinforcements from the Galaxy. 

The Guardians are an important part but it’s really about giving the Fantastic 4, Nova, etc a place to shine on their own and in their element.

Also a way easier solution or really what could come out of this is The Ultimates are formed and you get some of them on the team unlike the comic.

TL;dr Some guardians characters will probably show up in some Cosmic events or to bring some validity to introducing new Cosmic characters. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

TL;dr Some guardians characters will probably show up in some Cosmic events or to bring some validity to introducing new Cosmic characters. 

All of that does sound fun, if they can do it right, but that’s a big question right now.

Coming off of a questionable/disappointing phase 4, they really need to pull the quality and storytelling back up in phase 5 or the “superhero fatigue” might turn to apathy very quickly. 

Not to mention, they are likely coming to the end of a lot more of these contracts of the second waive of Avengers, and they aren’t all going to want to stay/be worth the raise.

So while where they could go for Phase 7, seven for a whole lot of hurdles to clear before we get there.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

All of that does sound fun, if they can do it right, but that’s a big question right now.

Coming off of a questionable/disappointing phase 4, they really need to pull the quality and storytelling back up in phase 5 or the “superhero fatigue” might turn to apathy very quickly. 

Not to mention, they are likely coming to the end of a lot more of these contracts of the second waive of Avengers, and they aren’t all going to want to stay/be worth the raise.

So while where they could go for Phase 7, seven for a whole lot of hurdles to clear before we get there.

It’ll be interesting where that’s all at starting in 2027. Disney could be owned by a larger company by then, Feige might see it as a good jumping off point. Yeah a lot of actors will probably give their final hurrah in Secret  Wars.

Biggest thing they have going for them is they can sorta just focus on the X-men for a bit, give others actors a break. Burn out there seems to go away if you let them have a year or two off in between. Like if Phase 7 was focusing on the X-men, with like a couple non avengers things tossed in like F4 in space sequel, some supernatural stuff, etc. It would feel different enough. They just have to land on the quality. Cause yeah phase 4 had some great stuff, but it also had some more misses. The percentage was about the same, they are just making twice as much so it seems worse.

Trying to visualize…

Good: Shang-Chi, Wandavision, Loki, Moon Knight, SM Now Way Home, Wakanda Forever, Hawkeye, Werewolf by Night

Disappointing: Black Widow, Eternals, FATWS, Doctor Strange MOM, Thor L&T

Fine: Ms. marvel, She-hulk, What If

I think the other issue was of the good list, only like 3/4 things you could say were great for Marvel.

• Like 1