2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

I know I keep beating this drum...but I fear that Vrabel's insistence on attributes other than dynamic playmaking will severely limit our skill position effectiveness. I really hope the GM has some influence on him and he actually puts guys on the field.

I saw a mock that had us taking Jaxon Smith Njigba and I couldn't help but think...can he block, if not Vrab's will never put him on the field and if he does it will be 20% of the snap with no effort to design anything for him. I am definitely not advocating for drafting him, that just my NWI, Hollister, Swaim...PTSD!!! 

I think Vrabel is a good coach, but to be great he needs to be more flexible...I fear he is this generations Marty Schottenheimer, always in the playoffs...sometimes the top seed, but in the end his approach is too rigid and unable to adapt to the game. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Jake Locker got to trending yesterday because of Watt's retirement. I went back and looked at his old games.
We really did execute a plan to make him successful. We didn't pick the right players but it was a great plan! And of course Locker couldn't stay healthy.

2 OT's- Roos and Stewart.
RB- Chris Johnson
WR's- Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Damian Williams, Jared Cook, Lavelle Hawkins, Delaine Walker, Justin Hunter, Bishop Sankey.

We really attacked the offense. Again, sucked at the players, but we did pour some resources into it. 

This is true we did try to help Jake out but I mean to be fair we attacked and did put effort to surround Marcus imo. And your point was just the effort to help Marcus out

2 OTs Lewan and Conklin

C Ben Jones <33

RBs Murray and the KING

WRs DGB, a top 5 pick on Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Rishard Matthews, Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, Andre Johnson(lol) and we had guys that you named like  Delanie Walker Justin Hunter and Wright 

Now when you get to Ryan is when we started pouring resources into the defense outside of like Julio lol and sure we did have a bunch of the guys I mentioned BUT come on man look at this..

OT Wilson? Dillon Radunz lol

RBs D'Onta Foreman, Darrynton Evans lolol

WRs Dez Fitzpatrick??? Josh Reynolds 

Like you said KT nothing for Ryan and because we lost SO many players last year and didn't draft or prepare we HAD to use a good amount of picks on offense but it was out of desperation by that point and not just to help Ryan be the best he could be.. Yuh guys like Burks Chig Phillips are a nice start but its legit SAD to see what we put around RT man smh

• Like 1

we just witnessed one week of mediocre-to-bad QB play instead of straight awful QB play and everyone on titans twitter is already talking about dobbs needs to be on the team next year lmao. this fanbase is just pitifully down bad for anything that even vaguely resembles passing offense and i can't blame them, but good grief. 

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we just witnessed one week of mediocre-to-bad QB play instead of straight awful QB play and everyone on titans twitter is already talking about dobbs needs to be on the team next year lmao. this fanbase is just pitifully down bad for anything that even vaguely resembles passing offense and i can't blame them, but good grief. 

They ain't lying lol. 

8 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Well no one is talking about having him START outside of next week and for a back up? You could do worse and we haven't had a decent backup since Ryan lol 

Soo its not crazy to think he could be back next year if he plays well next week. If he lays a egg next week and cost us the 3peat with the king back then I doubt people will want him to be back lolol

The biggest indictment of our system is that it looks the same with hardly any starters on offense and a QB that was with the team for 1.5 weeks...as it did with everyone there...2 Fg's in the first half and 1 TD in the second against a poor defense. I truly saw no difference. 

I think this is currently my favorite plan as well. Accumulate picks so you can make a run at a QB next year. If we could get an additional first, that would be insane, but I don't know how likely it is. Run it back with Tannehill and an improved OL and hope that the team you got a first rounder from ends up in the top 10. If we end up with the 8th overall pick and Levis is there, maybe we could find a buyer, otherwise I don't know who would pay a first to trade up. Maybe if Quentin Johnston runs sub 4.4.

On 12/24/2022 at 4:23 PM, seminoles1 said:

-Cut Dupree, Woods, Cunningham, Lewan, and Bullock

-Trade Tannehill for a 2nd and 6th to Atlanta, NYJ, Washington, etc.

-Re-sign Hooper, Hilliard, Long, Edwards, and Walker

-Sign Andre Dillard, Nick Mullens, DJ Chark, Lorenzo Carter

Draft OL in rounds 1 & 2

Draft Edge and BPA pass-catcher in rounds 2 & 3

Draft all defense after that

Start Willis all year. He either develops or we are picking high for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in 2024

I still want this to happen, but here's an alternate plan:

I'm assuming we lose to the Jaguars and end up with the 9th overall pick

Re-Signs
-Nate Davis: 4 years, $38 million (slightly more than James Daniels got from the Steelers last year)
-Austin Hooper: 2 years, $16 million ($2 million pay bump)
-Dontrell Hilliard: 2 years, $4.5 million (good backup and receiving back)
-David Long: 3 years, $26 million (slightly more than Myles Jack got from the Steelers last year)
-DeMarcus Walker: 3 years, $15 million (I love him.  He's been great)
-Mario Edwards: 1 years, $3.5 million (Also been a solid rotation DL)

Free Agency
-Andre Dillard: 2 years, $25 million (slightly less than Joseph Noteboom got from the Rams last year.  Sell him on the 2 year deal to get back to free agency again before age 30 and it keeps us from a long-term commitment to an unproven starter)
-Dan Feeney: 2 years, $8 million (average starting OG money)
-DJ Chark: 2 years, $24 million (a pay bump for him and give him the same sell as Dillard about re-entering FA before 30)
-Whatever else to fill out the roster

Trades
-Ryan Tannehill to the Falcons for a 2023 3rd Round Pick and a 2024 6th Round Pick (can become a 5th with 70% of snaps played, a 4th if they make the playoffs, and a 3rd if they win a playoff game)
-After attempting to trade to #2 and being rebuffed by the Bears, who want to stay at #2 to draft Anderson, we trade #9, 2023 3rd, 2024 1st and 2024 2nd rounder to the Seahawks for #3

Draft
1st Round: CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
2nd Round: John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (or best C that's available)
3rd Round: Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State
5th Round: Braeden Daniels, G, Utah
6th Round: Thomas Greaney, TE, Albany
6th Round: Trevor Reid, OT, Louisville
7th Round: Chad Ryland, K, Maryland

And finally, take care of Jeffery Simmons.  Do whatever we have to do.