2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

Titans Eyeing More Help at Receiver While Also Counting on Returners at the Position to Blossom (tennesseetitans.com)

While the team ponders the possibility of adding help in free agency, Carthon said he's hopeful some of the team's returners can make a bigger impact moving forward, including 2022 draft picks Treylon Burks and Kyle Philips. In addition to those two, Racey McMath, Mason Kinsey and Reggie Roberson Jr. are also under contract, in addition to Westbrook-Ikhine.

"I like that group," Carthon said. "I think it's a young, promising group. I am really excited to see what a healthy Kyle can do. I think he put some really impressive snaps together in the slot. I think Treylon's best ball is ahead of him. And I am also excited to see what a healthy Nick can do. He played the majority of the year on that knee injury, and just a testament to his toughness, his grit, he finished it out.

"I am excited about this young group."

Yeah, they pretty much are good with the guys they have and add in a draft pick or two. 
I'm ok with believing in Phillips. 
Burks, Draft pick, Phillips, NWI is not a terrible group. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well again, I'm don't hate NWI. lol
Him as W4 is what many people want. 

I think the bigger issue is just the overall lack of talent at the position

Burks is good w/ high potential. But a lesser player than the guy he replaced.

Phillips is a massive question mark physically and a slot receiver. Will probably never ever be a guy who wins outside, let alone play outside.

Draft pick is an assumption at this point.

NWI is a #4 and nothing more. If Burks is a guy he's replacing due to injury, that's horrifying.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think the bigger issue is just the overall lack of talent at the position

Burks is good w/ high potential. But a lesser player than the guy he replaced.

Phillips is a massive question mark physically and a slot receiver. Will probably never ever be a guy who wins outside, let alone play outside.

Draft pick is an assumption at this point.

NWI is a #4 and nothing more. If Burks is a guy he's replacing due to injury, that's horrifying.

Phillips is a question only due to injury last year in my opinion. We saw the talent but again can he sustain it over a season and stay healthy.  Not massive. No bigger than anyone we would have signed in FA to me.

There will be a draft pick. I  think it's more conclusion than assumption. How many is the question. 

But I get it. It's not the WR room I'd chose to go with, but I can see the silver lining in the group. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Phillips is a question only due to injury last year in my opinion. We saw the talent but again can he sustain it over a season and stay healthy.  Not massive. No bigger than anyone we would have signed in FA to me.

There will be a draft pick. I  think it's more conclusion than assumption. How many is the question. 

But I get it. It's not the WR room I'd chose to go with, but I can see the silver lining in the group. 

I'm hopeful for Phillips...guy def belongs. But man is he SMALL. 

I know we're sick of talking about it, but the AJ trade just crippled us. Crippled us. We should have Brown AND Burks, and very well could've.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm hopeful for Phillips...guy def belongs. But man is he SMALL. 

I know we're sick of talking about it, but the AJ trade just crippled us. Crippled us. We should have Brown AND Burks, and very well could've.

yeah i mean there's no arguing at this point that it's the worst offseason move in the history of the franchise. it is forever going to cloud whatever good things robinson did