2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Watching the bussin episode with Delanie, makes me think Lewan comes back on a pay cut. Just a feeeling.

It made me feel opposite. He knows if healthy he can be one the top 10ish? LTs in the league. Maybe? 
He said he is already paid like a bargain for a starting LT. So I don't think he would take a significant pay cut.  Also said he wants to be compensated for everything he has to go through on top of being a father now. Make it worth it. 

Like he won't take half. Maybe shave 1-2 million off or take a low salary number and get bonuses. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

It made me feel opposite. He knows if healthy he can be one the top 10ish? LTs in the league. Maybe? 
He said he is already paid like a bargain for a starting LT. So I don't think he would take a significant pay cut.  Also said he wants to be compensated for everything he has to go through on top of being a father now. Make it worth it. 

I would assume he wouldn't get a huge pay cut. I think he is a leader and can have a good influence to keep around. He is 31, if he really did have issues on the first acl, maybe he could recover and return to playable form. Would love to see him get back some glory, even if it seems improbable. 

If he ain't back, I hope he retires a Titan. Love him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I would assume he wouldn't get a huge pay cut. I think he is a leader and can have a good influence to keep around. He is 31, if he really did have issues on the first acl, maybe he could recover and return to playable form. Would love to see him get back some glory, even if it seems improbable. 

If he ain't back, I hope he retires a Titan. Love him.

Then the question will be how much money will we need to make significant/meaningful upgrades to the team. 
If they feel they only need x amount of money and can keep these vets and make a serious run, lets go.

But some of the vets we are depending on haven't been dependable. 

Then the question will be how much money will we need to make significant/meaningful upgrades to the team. 
If they feel they only need x amount of money and can keep these vets and make a serious run, lets go.

But some of the vets we are depending on haven't been dependable. 

It got me thinking. Sure they could have a huge purge. Who are we bringing in after this purge? I know there is still cuts and stuff, but the free agency class this year is meh.

Apart of me is not so sure we bring back Long. I could see us not paying for him, he could get paid, especially when we gotta pay Simmons.

I don't know, just going to be interesting to see what direction we go. To me though, it all starts with Tannehill. If he goes, we know its a reset. Does Vrabel want to reset? I think its what we need, but it we may see a step backward before we go forward, which I am fine with, just wonder if Vrabel is ok with that.

Whatever happens, I want an amazing youth movement/turnaround to our o line. That has to be the next step for us, especially with possibly transitioning to a new qb.

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

It got me thinking. Sure they could have a huge purge. Who are we bringing in after this purge? I know there is still cuts and stuff, but the free agency class this year is meh.

Apart of me is not so sure we bring back Long. I could see us not paying for him, he could get paid, especially when we gotta pay Simmons.

I don't know, just going to be interesting to see what direction we go. To me though, it all starts with Tannehill. If he goes, we know its a reset. Does Vrabel want to reset? I think its what we need, but it we may see a step backward before we go forward, which I am fine with, just wonder if Vrabel is ok with that.

Whatever happens, I want an amazing youth movement/turnaround to our o line. That has to be the next step for us, especially with possibly transitioning to a new qb.

I don't know if Long will get big money actually. 
The highest paid LB right now is Lavonte David with $14 million.

In what tier do we think Long is in? And we have to try to look at it without our Titans glasses on. Cause most of us thought Jayon Brown was gonna get a nice deal somewhere else and he didn't. 

Josey Jewell signed a 2 year $10 million deal. I would think they are close? I can't see Long getting more than 3 years $15 million. 

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

I think Lewan will be back just based off Daley alone.. I get he hasn’t been healthy but I’ll take a hurt Lewan over Daley any day of the week. We can’t function without a LT and this season has proved it

He hasn't played a full season since 2017. I'd love to have him back. It's just can we depend on him??
Can we afford to keep him and then use an expensive draft pick on an LT? or spend money on an expensive backup for if/when he goes down again?

Rolling with him is just a big risk. Almost as big as drafting a guy. 

Hard decisions. 

I don't know if Long will get big money actually. 
The highest paid LB right now is Lavonte David with $14 million.

In what tier do we think Long is in? And we have to try to look at it without our Titans glasses on. Cause most of us thought Jayon Brown was gonna get a nice deal somewhere else and he didn't. 

Josey Jewell signed a 2 year $10 million deal. I would think they are close? I can't see Long getting more than 3 years $15 million. 

It will be interesting to see how Rice plays in this stretch while Long is gone. Could play into things.

Lewan is, and always has been, an excellent LT. 

I want him to be a Titan as long as possible And I think he’s an elite enough athlete to play several more years.

the injuries make that more unlikely, and my bigger worry is that year 1 after an ACL tends to be a “rediscover my footing” year for guys, so we would likely need to invest in him for another 2-3 year min

not against it. Just think it’s something to consider 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah to me it would make no sense. 
Unless you still just trying to keep it afloat and try to crack a window into being contender. 

To me we are on the wrong side of 7-6 type team. We aren't ascending. We are coming down from the mountain while the teams like Jets and Dolphins are climbing up. 

Our legit best hope of trying to really restart this and not be a doormat, is that Willis can make leaps and bounds over the summer. Otherwise, they will be inclined to try to keep Tannehill and fill in around him better. 

Odds are I’d regret saying this if it became reality 

but from a sheer ENTERTAINMENT standpoint … I want to watch Malik

im just super intrigued.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Odds are I’d regret saying this if it became reality 

but from a sheer ENTERTAINMENT standpoint … I want to watch Malik

im just super intrigued.

Yoooo. Me too. :)
It would make these last games more interesting for sure. lol

Hopefully we are in a position to give him 2 games at the end of this season.

I don't want to watch a full season of trash. But 4 games of so would be really interesting to see.